Warrior, bst plus shaman or bard for team?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Warmachinist, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Warmachinist New Member

Hey guys looking for some advice for a returning player. Haven’t played in years and want to get back into the game, probably just so group content.

I’m pretty stuck on the bst but I realize now I need a player tank so decided to go with warrior. What’s good for a 3rd box? Will there be too much overlap with the bst and Shanam? Should I do war,bst, bard? How’s the dps going to be with that group?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks a lot.
  2. Bumkus Elder

Bard adds around 20% to my bst, with just /melody playing. Not counting Bard's autoattack dps. If you go bard, you will find it hard to remember how you lived without bard speed and his pulling abilities.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Both are really good, but I agree with Bumkus.

The bard's track, pulling and speed will outweigh the shaman's healing, debuffs and superior damage from DoTs. Both bards and shamans provide good ADPS to your warrior and beastlord.

The DPS with either group will be good, but only if you organize your setup properly. I recommend using I S Boxer to send keys to multiple EQ clients. I run a melee box group that you might be able to get some ideas from here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tucos-setup-critique-welcome.240258/page-6
  4. jaybee7090 New Member

Thanks Tuchoh, I read your other threads on boxing and they were very informative.

I know theres a video guide floating around about what to do once you hit 75, are there any other must see or do guides like that? Its been literally years since I played and its such a different game now. What about good weapons for the warrior? I sold a Krono and bought him a blade of carnage and cloak of flames, rest is just defiant crap so Ive got a pretty good stockpile of plat. This is on bristlebain btw.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Gear wise I think you'll be overpowered by just riding on defiant gear and then graduate to whatever else is in the bazaar. I don't know much beyond that.