Warrior agro management

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by TibalMurphy, May 19, 2017.

1. TibalMurphy Elder

So I have a lvl 90 warrior and I'm trying to keep agro off my lil group of lvl 85 to 92 toons ( these are my I don't feel like playing my 105 toons). I'm having g issues with agro their agro keeps spiking up hard and I'm just burning through endurance to keep mobs off them.

At lvl 90 what AA or skills should I be spamming in order to stop their agro from skyrocketing at all times. I feel like I shouldn't be using this much of my end just to hold agro on trash mobs. I'm using a hate mask, hate wep+hate Aug but even combined with those agro is all over the place.

Thanks.
  2. Chaosflux Augur

Do you have bold attacks on? Do you have weapon stances?

When you say hate aug do you mean a raw hate or a rune aug?

Do you have all the relevant passive and active AA? (You didn't mention if you used autogrant)

What classss in particular are you have trouble with ? Is it AE situations or just single target problems? How fast are you killing?

Scoff, wheeling blades, roar, and blast of anger (the CD might be longer than 1 min back at 90)

Get 91 ASAP the VOA hate discs are substantially less then the HOT ones
    Bigstomp likes this.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

Blast of anger, knee strike, gut punch are 3 aa's.
    I forget when we get some abilities. I know at 95 it gets much better.
    Don't discount whatever your version of ae attack (something blades), it's not too shabby on aggro.

Also, back then warriors often dual weilded in groups.
  4. Chaosflux Augur

O man I forgot about gut punch and knee strike.

With the changes via weapon stances like Big said DW or 2hander might be more beneficial. Since that was still when swing aggro mattered sort of I think? (For warriors atleast).
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Yeah, wars had it rough for aggro in groups back then. It got infinitely better a few levels higher though.
  6. TibalMurphy Elder

So the VOA discs cost less endurance than HOT? That's great news lol
  7. TibalMurphy Elder

Well...I don't know how to separate responded lol but there ya go
  8. Chaosflux Augur

No They are not cheaper.

I said they are less , They provide more hate, so you will need less total uses to generate the same amount of hate, resulting in more efficiency and more bang for your endo use.

I don't remember a hate aug on the Gold Token vendor, The rune aug would probably be an improvement, especially since it is AE aggro as opposed to just single.

Are you using appropriate Deaggro procs on the Ranger?

Try using the best 2hander you can find, Throw a rune aug on it, or barring that 2 halfway decent 1handers with Rune augs or Rune and a Straight hate aug. IIRC the hate augs back then were terrible, though they have been rebalanced at some point so not sure if they are worthwhile now.

Make sure you are using the appropriate deaggro procs/abilities on the ranger, and maybe lay off spamming summers so much. Cast Veil on the Ranger and the Magician, it has a deaggro defensive proc.

Either that or just tank with the ranger till you hit 91 or so and get some less bad discs.
  9. Funk Augur

Do you have agro reduction AA's turned on for other characters? I had that happen with a mage I was messing around on, I kept getting ultra high agro from 1 DD cast, finally realized I needed to turn on Subtle attacks or whatever and all fixed.
    Chaosflux likes this.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

I think the key point of this op, is as soon as you level up a bit, it gets better. You'll be leaving the warriors are only useful in a raid level range and moving into a we still are the weakest group tank for aggro but we stop sucking big hairy ....

Edit: I'm saying you become fine in a group. You still have to work at it compared to knights, but you begin to have the tools to compete.
  11. p2aa Augur

Level 90 was House of Thule expansion. I don't recall particular aggro problem at this time. Yes it became better at lvl 100 + when we received Phantom Agressor, but until then it was not bad.
    Do you use the following shorter reuse aggro stuff spells ? Scoff, Bazu Roar, Wheeling Blade, Rallying Roar, Gut Punch AA and Blast of Anger AA ? Activate the Weapon stance too.
    Projection of Fury when it's up was locking aggro on any mob. It was around 10 min reuse time at this time if I recall. Don't forget to use a taunt after popping it.
  12. Zahel Journeyman

I noticed a big jump in aggro once I recieved the VoA versions of our 3 spam keys. You also get access to a couple passive aggro increase AAs around 96 to 100. That's when Warriors really come into their own in the group game instead of wishing we were knights.
  13. Lianeb Augur

I am not sure what that level era looks like now but I recall that being the time frame warriors got a big boost to ISS which greatly increased sword and board Agro and dps. That is when the big change happened and warriors pretty much stopped duel wielding when that stuff was current
  14. Weake Aggro Lorekeeper

At 90, in my opinion you should have a puller feeding you mob singly
    aa:
    Bold attacks on
    Infused by rage As many as you can get
    Sneering Grin on
    Weapon Stances ON
    Weapon Affinity As many as you can get
    Hastened Taunt 3

On trash mobs
    Tag the incoming mob with Scoff or Forceful Attraction
    When the mob is in range,
    Initial Hate gen
    1. Taunt
    2. Scoff (if not already used.) timer 8
    Hate Maintainers
    3. Bazu Roar timer 7
    4. Rallying roar timer 13

If fight last long time recycle steps 3 and 4 as they come up.

Survive
    3. Staunch Defense Timer -1
    4. Field Outfitter timer -1

You should not need anything else to kill trash at 90.

Named is another question for another thread.
  15. Dre. Altoholic

WAR agro sucks pre-96.
  16. Lianeb Augur

I see this time and again on these boards. Why would you put your Agro over time abilities into spam but not your single target Agro WITH a mitigation component WITH a faster refresh timer. I.e... Bazu over scoff
  17. Brohg Augur

at level 105, Roar 10s, Insult 13s. was it the other way around at level 90?
  18. Damoncord Augur

I think 90 was before they started adding in the AA lines that hastened them.
  19. Weake Aggro Lorekeeper

Great question!

I save the Scoff to tag the next mob that the puller is bringing me when this one is at 20 %

That way I can switch to it and cause I spammed my Agro over time on the last mob, i now have aggro on both.

On a side note bazu roar lasts 30 seconds and has a 30 second recast.
    Scoff has a zero duration( instant) and a 30 second recast.