Warrior Agnarr weapon question

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by DukeS0n, Jun 8, 2017.

1. DukeS0n Journeyman

Hello

I am a new warrior and I was wondering should I be going dual wield , 2 hander or sword and shield. I Assuming my threat is based off the potential damage I can do per swing.

Thank you
  2. Brohg Augur

Agro per swing is based on the dmg stat of the weapon, so weapon ratio is a thorough proxy for how good a weapon is for agro. The actual damage you deal is meaningless, as are crits and whatever else. At low levels (as on Agnarr) the additional agro from your weapon proc will be major.

Definitely dual wield forever on Agnarr. There are zero tools to accommodate actually gearing yourself to take hits better as might be imagined to be appropriate for a tank.
  3. Chaosflux Augur

Get wulfenite augs, one for each weapon, the stun helps alot (a single proc will be worth I think around 15s or so of swing aggro figuring Yaks or better)
    Yaks are solid aggro because of the stun component. After that? Depends on if you raid or not.

Get the provoke disc to if you didn't know you can buy it on TLP.

With the changes to the Taunt ability circa the last year or so, more frequent use of it isn't a bad thing either. Good luck and don't sell your soul or Kronos to buy the Yaks in a week or so they gunna be cheap AF.
  4. Quill Augur

It really depends on what you're doing and who you're with.

You'll want dual yaks, dual stun augs to start simply because they are fairly inexpensive, and its the standard set for xp groups.

There simply aren't any 2h weapons that are really that good at holding agro until Kunark, and even then its just the Jagged Blade of War. Get the best shield you can, but its highly situational and its effectiveness is exclusive to high-end MT raiding.

Its more about having the tools and being able to adjust as the situation warrants.