[Warrior] AA direction 2014

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Dre., Feb 3, 2014.

1. Dre. Altoholic

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/its-aa-time.207309/

Before we get to specifics... what direction would you like to see for the class?

Defense (discipline coverage, bonus to hitpoints, spell damage mitigation, etc)
    Offense (2H/DW, AA special attacks, procs, passive DPS, etc)
    Agro (faster abilities for groups, long-range agro abilities, better multitarget tools)
    Utility (could be anything, really!)
  2. Makavien Augur

Um we kinda need the top 3 lol
  3. Dre. Altoholic

I'd say our agro is in the best position of that list and we already chose to trade utility for power when we picked the Warrior class.

Choosing between our bread and butter, tough call. Elidroth already agrees we need DW/2H sorted out and Warrior's first job is tanking so I'd choose defense.

Key points:
    Warriors need to be easier to heal. Priests should expect smooth, predictable damage.
    Warriors need to be able to respond to damage spikes and gaps in healing coverage.
    Warriors need to better handle weaker threats that chew us to pieces when NTTB drops.
    UncleUms, Dubbo and Mozzarella like this.
  4. Makavien Augur

I think single target aggro is in a good position but they have been throwing a lot of things at us where we need area of effect no damage type of hate but I agree the rest is solid and even when were not attacking the npc as long as we can make it attack us for a short time phalanx of fury takes care of that. We need 1 reliable way that has a fast refresh to control the situation. Oh and the range of our normal stuff also needs looked at we can't keep mobs off anyone with a bow. or Dagger.

But the 3 defense key points sound great to me.
  5. Battleaxe Augur

Defense, Offense, Aggro, Utility. That's kind of everything except appearance :) I'll try to play by throwing some thoughts (as opposed to hard and fast opinion) on the wall.

Defense -
    Melee Mitigation/Avoidance - mitigation looks about played for the moment given adjustments to NTtB. Other than CS and CA I don't see much happening outside of itemization (type 3 or type 4 8% parry aug)

Damage Spell Immunity - Infusion of the Faithful may not do all that much anymore. I'd think that a respite from damage spells with a DA-like duration, an intermediate refresh (15 minutes), and none of the disadvantages of DA would be good in group content, more limited in raids, useful but not overly powerful.

Recovery from wounds taken - Improved HP regen. Something like 5 ranks at 10 HP's per rank (numbers pulled out of a hat). END -> HP with Warlord's Tenacity/potion and a few other precents. There are simply too many areas where this is an advantage for 2 of the 3 classes that tank. At the very least it should be a meaningful amount of HP's with a longish refresh - call it 20 minutes.

Offense -
    we need a 2H damage improving discipline that stacks with what we already have (except maybe Circle of Power). IMO when a Warrior stands in for a melee DPS class and DPSes with another tanking it's having DPS support classes (rather than tanking support classes which is what we have when we're the tank), damage rather than aggro augs, and offensive rather than defensive disciplines that makes the difference. I don't see that changing a lot.

DPS when Tanking - I'd like to see some damage shifted from SS to being conditional on tanking while using a shield to receive it. I don't know if an AA ability is the right place to do such a thing.

Aggro -
    short range AE taunt that locks out our normal AE taunt when used. A lower aggro than our normal aggro abilities longer range faster refresh aggro ability.

Aggro Shedding - the equivalent of silent melee to assist with reducing aggro without having to stop meleeing and/or Howling and losing aggro completely.

Utility -
    Pommel Strike (2H Bash), Crippling Blow (yep "cripple" but improved), improved Avatar but as a discipline, Intimidating Stare (chance to reduce aggro radius)
    Mozzarella likes this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Aggro:

Hastened whirlwind blade.

A no damage version of whirlwind blade - Ideally on the same timer as whirlwind and affected by the same hastening. This could also be accomplished by drastically hastening enhanced area taunt.
  7. Mozzarella Elder

An upgraded aura would be lovely too, the one we have is getting dusty.
  8. moogs Augur

I wish warriors had a little bit better snap aggro.

Also, what about increased range on xx Roar line?
  9. Cerris Augur

I have three suggestions. The first two are both based around the idea that warriors should be at their absolute toughest when they are in the most dire of situations.

Suggestion 1:
    Add an AA that adds a massive self-only rune or absorption buff with a small hit counter when Divine Intervention goes off. Say, when DI fires, you also absorb / block / otherwise mitigate the next six hits or xxx damage.

Suggestion 2:
    Improve Delay Death AAs. Early ranks avoid the unconscious effect of going purple. The final rank would actually allow you fight on after death - say, six to ten seconds where you could no longer receive heals but also could not die. After the timer was up, you'd of course die as normal.

The third suggestion is based on the idea that warriors have exceptional physical hardiness that allows them to quickly recover from the effect of poisons and diseases: Add an Improved Innate Regeneration AA, with three tanks available after you've maxed all the ranks of Innate Regeneration, that actually removes 1/2/3 poison and disease counters per tick.
  10. Imableeder Elder

Suggestion
    Defense- Time to Bleed - 2min duration om 5 min cooldown.
    Through frustration of warrior mitigating damage, mob turn it's attention to the the weakest attacker, namely....... any pet. Warrior most stop to bind wound 3 times or effect will fade.

Offense- Acrid Damage Shield- Aura
    Warrior applies cat urine to his damage shield which infuriates any nearby foe.
  11. aspit Journeyman

Here are a few points from my perspective:

Aggro is more than adequate, and probably the best its been in the games history. With all other classes having some sort of jolt or agro debuff, this is by far the least

Offense is extremely poor at this point. I think we need a very sizable boost both from the standpoint of group geared and raid geared tanks. Particularly new warriors to level 100 with full AA. Offensive disc really needs to 2x output of dps, the current increase is useless.

Defense upgrades are always welcome. Obviously the easy one is NTTB back as it was great for group content.
  12. Relsain New Member

Offence - viable dps specs. This is a given

Defence - heal mod AA line, post mortem invulnerability for 10sec (allowing another tank to step up), bloodthirsty- for 15 seconds incomming damage added and warriors are healed for a portion of the damage taken. Up to 50% of warriors HP healed. 2 min cooldown.

Utility- upgrade on lionhearted rally cry to affect higher levels. Petrifying glare- aoe lull for a few seconds followed by hate drop. 45 seconds recast. (Used in synergy with warlords grasp)
  13. Insaneox Augur

Augmented Aura AA= Stacking stats to go with current Aura, its far from outdated. Idea's would be Boost to the AC and added Hate Proc potentially

Forceful Attraction style AA = Some way of keeping the insane push at bay! This could be many levels of extended Forceful Attraction then we as Warriors could rotate it. This isn't such big deal if solid corner to pin mob. But some raids don't have that option.

Other idea's more options for AoE hate for group game.

Reduction of refresh timers of hate disk for group game.

Improved DPS with all stances or settle for same with S&B but greatly increased DW and 2Hand, idea of increased damage with DW give us disk or AA that causes us to drop to berserk mode.
  14. Daislet Augur

Hasted Mark of the Mage Hunter - bringing it down to around 5-10mins reuse.

or

Mage Hunter Redux
    - new AA, prerequsite - some ranks of Mark of the Mage Hunter
    - acts similar to "Ridicule" that specifically blocks some incoming Spell Damage
    - short reuse time (2-3 mins), and short lasting 18secs-30secs, 2-4 hit counters, high damage blocked (50k ish)
    - different ranks can add further spell hit counters, extend out the duration by a tic, increase the total absorbed, hastening ranks added to lower down the reuse further.
    Dre. likes this.
  15. Brosa Augur

No new activated abilities please! I nearly have 6 pages of hotbars full. Yes I know how to macro and do so.
    #1 Defense: They screwed up when they reduced NTTB duration. If they left NTTB duration alone Defense would not be my #1.
    #2 Offense: DW and 2H are for tanking. We are warriors and can tanking with bixie wands if we chose to. Honestly give us passive DW and 2H AA and do not nerf S+B as we do about 35% base line dps as we sit currently.
    #3 Agro: I honestly don't have much of an issue here. If anything give us increased AE agro to our Stormwheel blades. Add an AE component to Ageless Enmity and Blast of Anger. We have so many single target agro abilities its sick.
    #4 Utility: This is a road that would doom every warrior if we chose to follow it. Our #1 argument to unequal defense and baseline dps is the fact we have no utility. Matter of fact that is our utility. So leave it alone
    Mozzarella got me thinking. Updated Aura with an agro modifier. Like a rune effect does to multiple targets.
    lol funny. Weakest attacker should definitely be the nearest berserker! I'm in favor of the cat urine idea. Kobolds should find this infuriating.
    I'm on the fence about these Immortality options: IE " post mortem invulnerability" "Divine Intervention" "Improve Delay Death"
  16. Wiji Elder

Offensive defense. Make bash meaningful, give it a proc like shield topple, or let us proc shield topple from a successful block. Quit with these 3min+ activables that do marginally nothing. Barbed tongue, rage of rallos, it's garbage.

More procs in general less activatables really. Unless we get some substantial activables.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

Please no. Adding extra aggro to stormwheel is fine but there are times we do not want ae aggro. Don't turn ageless into an AE. We have area taunt and enhanced area taunt for that.
  18. Xorsazis Augur

Some AA ideas:

Thick Skin: Innate chance to treat damage like No Time to Bleed. On any incoming damage source, give it a % chance at actually giving a NTtB effect (like 1% at rk1 and 5% at rank 3).

Backed Into a Corner: Raises our innate chance to riposte attacks. I'll let the devs set the numbers.

Phalanx of Two: This is a kind of interesting twist I thought might be useful as a raid tool for the Tank Order. Allow another warrior to impart their Phalanx on another player, losing their 10% mitigation to grant the other player a fully stacking 5% mitigation. Meaning a tank under Last Stand would still gain the 5%, and the other warrior can still pop Last Stand and be viable (since it ignores our normal Phalanx anyways), but would suffer more tanking something without that disc running. Give it a 2 minute duration on both players.

Desperate Times: Increases our chance to crippling blow to 50%-100% when we go into a berzerker frenzy.

Speed of the Warlord: Chance at successfully adding another combat round when wielding 2H or 2x1H weapons.

Improved Bash: Cripples enemy attack value by an undetermined amount.

Heat of the Moment: Successful blocks/ripostes/parries/dodges add attack value. (Short duration buff, stacks up to ## times).

Adrenaline Rush: Allows you to reset the cooldowns on most disciplines and abilities (come up with a list).

Strength of the Warlord: Increases the innate chance in which a warrior will land a crippling blow.

Mastery of Arms: Allows the AC values on Primary, Range, and Secondary to apply to the AC softcap regardless of type (armor or weapon).

All for now.
  19. Brosa Augur

Rage for the Ages: Innate aa allowing warriors to become enraged during any combat situation to the point that all special strikes become crippling hits.

no more having to be under 40% hp to cripple hit
  20. sojuu Augur

Never played a war but was kind of curious about this idea I thought may be good as a war only aa to help seperate them as the real tanking class. It may not be much but do wars get shield block? If so would it help to have an AA to count all secondary items as a shield so even if u have a 1hb in the secondary u may get the shield block on the 1hb.

Then it may also help having a weapon or 2 that is war only with shield type ac on it and secondary only.