Warr/Bard/...?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Wildjester, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Xodd New Member

Thanks for all of the help Tucoh. I have been reading many of your posts over the last few weeks.

I think I will stick with the warrior because I doubt I will be playing the knights well.
  2. Bullsnooze Augur

Thanks for the info, I'm reading it all as we speak. (Questions to follow!! lol)

Awesome choice for your first TLP, I have no doubt that you're going to have a blast.
  3. Xodd New Member

I am up to 92 now on the war/brd/bst.

The beastlord damage shot up a lot at 91 for some reason, but the warrior is still doing more than 50% of the damage.

I picked up a few pieces of cheap boreal/fear touched gear for the warrior. Hopefully that will last till 100 and castaway gear.

I haven't really used augs until the heroic ones that you quest in HoT. It seems like they are much better AC wise than many other augs even for several expansions.

Are you supposed to remove the HoT augs and put them into the next gear? So I would remove them and put them in my Boreal gear?

Thanks again.
  4. Tuco Augur

Gearwise your best bet is probably to farm mark of valor doing call of the forsaken stuff in dead hills and remnant of tranquility in the broken mirror and use that for gear. This thread has more info:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/gear-path-for-level-85-boosted-3-box.265999/

There's also nothing wrong with doing what you're doing and leveling in different places getting the gear there, all depends on if you're looking to enjoy different content vs wanting to level asap.
  5. Szilent Augur

There are isolated better ones available if you seek them, but you shouldn't spend time seeking them.

Yes definitely keep using Distillers to move your AC augs forward :)
  6. boro12 New Member

Hi all, thanks for the great info here. Been using it to plan out a 3 boxing team.

Wondering if anyone would comment on the comparative pros/cons of these 2 combos:

war/brd/sha
    pal/brd/bst

In the latter combo, would the paladin (if focused on) be able to heal the group out of an "oh sh*t" situation (possibly with BST contributing with heals)? I suppose I'm curious about the comparative burst healing and survivability potential of the teams.

Thanks in advance for any comments.
  7. Tucoh Augur

war/brd/sha pros: war DPS gets boosted to high heaven from brd/sha. shaman can handle CC, boost healing of healing mercs, deliver immense healing. Shaman can group heal in situations where healer mercs fail.

pal/brd/bst pros: My highest paladin is level 28 so I can't speak to paladins and how well they synergize with brd/bst, but the paladin should deliver a lot of DPS in 2H mode when they don't need a shield to tank. The bst will contribute ADPS and DPS and some utility.

Sorry I can't give more info comparing the two.
  8. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Probably going to flip/flop depending on the era or which particular tank is better at any given time.

One big benefit to the SK is that if you ever stop deciding to box you have a generally much more capable soloing class.
  9. Xodd New Member

Update:

I am up to 96 now on the war/brd/bst.

I was messing around a little on the SK some more, but I still think I am going to stick with the warrior. I completed the SK epic 2.0 and picked up an Anguish BP quest item which I will give to the warrior. I just need to grind out some faction. I also grabbed an orb for the Bard 2.0 epic which should be helpful.

I have been doing some Gribbles HAs, and TBM HAs to amass currency for gear.

I am going to start leveling in the CoF expansion now to get to 100 and complete some of the partisan quests.

The damage ratio for my group is now about 44% warrior / 33% beastlord / 23% bard.
  10. Cydonia Elder

Regardless of which class you choose, one bit of advice I’d give you is this: stick the 85 on 100% AA and catch the other toons up in level. The reason I say this is because one of the best ways to level from where you are is via HAs, and HAs create the level range based on the highest level toon. If you have differing levels , it makes things harder than they need to be.

Edit, having read further down, I see you’ve updated your position, you can disregard this post
    Tucoh likes this.
  11. Cydonia Elder

As someone who runs sk/shaman/bard, what abilities do shamans have that boost healing capability? This is something I’m not aware of, so it would be great to learn a trick I’ve been missing (or is this something you pick up at higher levels? I’m currently 102j
  12. Tucoh Augur

If you keep alliance up on your SK, every time your healer merc heals the SK it'll pulse out a solid group heal. Once you level up your synergy skill you can throw out a spell in your Wisp of Renewal line and it'll make anything that even looks at your group with healing intentions heal them massively.

[50247/14661] Ancient Alliance
    Classes: SHM/103
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 6211
    Target: Single
    Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Stacking: Healing Alliance Spells 1
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 4.5s, Recast: 0s, Timer: 15, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 2m+ (20 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 120 Matching Spells
    1: Cast: Blessing of the Ancients if Hit By Spell
    2: Limit Target: Single
    3: Limit Effect: Current HP
    4: Limit Type: Beneficial
    5: Limit Min Level: 96
    6: Limit Max Level: 115 (lose 100% per level)
    7: Limit Max Duration: 0s
    8: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    9: Limit Effect: Current HP greater than 5000
    10: Limit Caster Class: CLR, DRU, SHM
    11: Limit Caster: Exclude Self
    12: Limit Min Recast Delay: 1.5s
    13: Cast: Blessed Fulmination if Max Hits Used
    14: Cast: Blessing of the Ancients
    Text: An ancient alliance forms over your spirit.

[50250] Blessing of the Ancients
    Target: Target AE
    Range: 300', AE Range: 60'
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    AE Waves: 1
    Hate: 1
    1: Increase Current HP by 10721
    Text: You are healed by an ancient alliance.
    A healing rain coats you, healing up to @1 hit points every three seconds for %i seconds.

[16879/49721] Luminary's Synergy III
    Classes: SHM/254
    Skill: Melee
    Target: Caster Group, MGB: No
    AE Range: 100'
    Stacking: Luminary's Synergy 3
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks) Song, Dispelable: No
    Max Hits: 3 Matching Spells
    1: Increase Healing Taken by 21600 (v394, Before Crit)
    2: Limit Min Level: 100
    Text: You are blessed with Luminary's Synergy.
    Increases the healing provided by the next %L level #2 and higher instant duration healing spells that land on you by #1 points.
  13. Tucoh Augur

almost there, bud, keep going!
    [49291/2651] Dichotomic Fury
    Classes: BST/101
    Skill: Abjuration
    Mana: 9823
    Target: Target Group, MGB: No
    Range: 100', AE Range: 100'
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0.5s, Recast: 60s, Timer: 19, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 6s+ (1 ticks), Dispelable: Yes