Warder stops attacking

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Malbro, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Malbro Augur

Category: Other [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Sun Dec 18 09:34:15 2022

Character: Level 120 Beastlord (Main)
    Zone: Ruins of Shadow Haven

Description: When fighting mobs, if the fight goes over something like 4 or 5 minutes, depending on hps, my warder stops attacking and I have to I have to tell him to attack again.

This happens on raids also.
    rahzel44, graykidd, Duder and 2 others like this.
  2. Herf Augur

Yes this happens. I'm not sure of the timer, but when a battle goes on for longer than usual the pets will lose interest and have to be re assigned. I've seen this on Agnarr.
    graykidd likes this.
  3. Mithra Augur

Should be 10 minutes and happens with npcs as well.
    Raccoo and graykidd like this.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

will only get worse when npc's are getting more and more insane hps every expansion.
    graykidd and Yinla like this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Drives me nuts on Vaniki, where we are a lot lower level than normal killing mobs, so it takes a lot longer for them to die.
  6. rahzel44 Lorekeeper

This seems to still be happening as I've been fighting named in Dragon Necropolis (CoV) with my chanter/mage combo and around 10% health (mob hp bloat is honestly one of the worst changes to the game) my pets consistently stop attacking the mob and need to be reassigned.
  7. Cadira Augur

Sadly not a bug, for what's probably a good reason I can't think of.

Side note, it seems a bit odd to me for most people to not have pet attack on one of their spam buttons!
  8. Raccoo Augur

Easy to reproduce this, just send pet to attack a combat dummy from behind and it'll stop after 10 minutes. If you send the pet to attack the front it usually stays active longer because it takes repo damage.
    Fenthen likes this.