war,enc,cleric or war,enc,dru

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by qaxbert, Nov 15, 2015.

1. qaxbert New Member

Anyone run either of these three boxes with great success? I'm just torn on the healer part to make the perfect team.
  2. Elsewhere Elder

You don't mention whether TLP or not, so assuming no mercenaries.....

What you are losing out in raw unmatched healing and HP buffing power, you are gaining with snare, damage shield, much better DoTs + Nukes, ports and much more utility. (IMO snare being the important one)

It really depends on what content you are going to fighting against. If its against bleeding edge, 3+ levels red-con mobs, then you really need a Cleric. But for most group content, Druid healing is good enough once you get the 3k heal in the 50s.

Also, unless the chanter is charming mobs, your DPS might be too low to make red-con mobs viable from an efficiency standpoint, which again, tips the scales towards Druid.

That said, nearly any 3-box is viable with mercenaries, but mercenaries cant snare, which is important. If on TLP, my trio would be different (PAL/SHM/MAG), but out of the 2 options you gave, I would pick Druid over Cleric
  3. Graymane84 Journeyman

It depends on TLP or Live and whether the accounts are F2P or All Access. For All Access, you can depend on mercs until higher levels. They will do fine for both healing and tanking (or DPS). A J1 merc can tank just fine till at least 75. I box a war/mnk, bard, wiz, cle/shm/enc. The first 3 are F2P accounts and the last is an All Access. In your config, I'd take the druid over the cleric. You are really going to struggle with DPS with the setup you have. You will need to use DPS mercs with that setup. Also, you will be doing a lot of flipping between toons cause chanter is going to take more micro. You might want to think about war/bard/druid instead. Bard can do a lot of what a chanter does but is easier to box.
  4. fransisco Augur

if your concerned with CC however, a bard is WAY harder to cc with than a chanter while boxed. Bard stops all songs and needs alot of focus to take control of stuff in camp. Chanter can cast a spell or two and its all good
  5. Graymane84 Journeyman

I can't disagree there, bard CC in a box setup is really tough. With a box setup, I try to do single or manageable pulls where I don't need a lot of CC.