War/ chanter or cleric??

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Elivo11, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Elivo11 Journeyman

Wanting to roll a warrior on a new server, going to box one other, wanted to get opinion on either chanter or cleric as the second.
  2. Elivo11 Journeyman

Just to add before someone I'm sure will say, no I do not want to 3 box anything, I'll do 2 and that's it, honestly I prefer only playing one but run the second purely to make it easier to level.
  3. Treiln Augur

It is very hard to pass up a real healer. They blow mercs out of the water. But given that, my Chanter box has been the best decision I've ever made. I prefer it over the SK/Shaman set up i used to have.

With SK/Enchanter, I feel like I can do more/go farther than i could with the Shaman. YMMV
  4. Scorrpio Augur

A healer merc might not be as good as a live healer, but there are things to consider. A merc will heal buff and rez as needed, and especially on reactive does rather good job vs harder hitting mobs. And it does that without taking up any of your attention. I box chanter/druid and tried HAs with druid running caster dps merc and doing healing. That was an epic fail. Now druid runs healer merc and concentrates on debuffs and nukes plus backup heals on named, and I am ripping through HAs. Oh and mobs are quite often close together and chanter makes splitting them a breeze.

Oh an no merc can give you chanter buffs, do CC or run chanter auras.