Want to max ally your faction with VP quick before patch?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Monkman, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Monkman Augur

Since the faction thing is gonna be over in a week or two, if you're interested in a fast track to max-ally with VP besides the sluggish MM grind... look no further than High Pass Hold.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=1698

Him and his buddies give huge +ROS hits (~25-42 each mob) Prak is the highest. Shouldn't take more than a couple hours to max your faction. With 2x faction potion... even less. I know of others who did the King in Kaladim. I have not tried that personally.

Hope this helps anyone looking to finish stuff in VP prior to the faction change.
  2. Lianeb Augur

VP can be done without faction. I was KoS there for months cause I didn’t want to waste time killing mobs in silly zones for the faction. It just takes some determination.

Oh no there is trash to kill before the loot piñata my XP bar might hate me.
    Sky is falling
    :)
  3. Cicelee Augur

Veeshan Peak mobs are moving to a different faction than what they are at now. Their new faction is Denizens of Veeshan Peak.

So basically, do all your mercenary and partisan and hunter tasks now before the patch. And I know for myself at least, once I do those three for my magician and bard I doubt I will revisit the zone except to do the two group mission...
  4. Ghubuk Augur

Maxing current vp faction wont matter once the new faction takes over as your current faction apparently doesn't carry over.
  5. Sancus Augur

I think y'all missed the "Hope this helps anyone looking to finish stuff in VP prior to the faction change" part. In other words this is for people who want to get things done before the next patch.
    Quatr likes this.
  6. Ghubuk Augur

This is the problem I see as well. If there isn't a way to raise faction with the new vp faction, the zone will end up being very rarely used. This seems to me that it will end up a waste of effort by devs that originally went into doing the zone for this expansion which wouldn't make any sense to me at all.
  7. Lianeb Augur

Lol VP is an amazing XP zone. Spawns are tight and easily CCd and respawn is decent. Named can drop almost all best in slot T2 items. I guess that is your prerogative though but your missing out if you just look at the zone as one and done
  8. Cicelee Augur

It can be done. But it is annoying to be KOS.

Example- magician is warmly. I can stand on the island that Kluzen the Protector is on, in a spot where there is no basilisks. I can COH my bard, who is dubious, to that spot and have no issues. Can single pull the named, nothing adds, easy peasy.

However the other day I decided to invite a paladin to kill said named. I did not know paladin was KOS. When I did the COH, two flying wyverns and named aggroed. Also guardian to named. Then another flying add. And another. We eventually wiped and he had to summon corpse.

So yes if we had a real group we would have been fine. And maybe that is the goal, to get people to play a full group in this zone. I dunno...
  9. EnchFWO Augur

Don't forget the King in South Kaladim also gives a nice +ROS hit since everyone is going to be KSing in Highpass for the next 7 days.
  10. Ghubuk Augur

Faction wouldn't be as big an issue if the assist and aggro radius were drastically reduced. Then it might make for some fun dungeon crawling but at least there might be spots to set up camp and fight.
  11. Ghubuk Augur

LOL, why bother? After the patch, that faction won't matter.
  12. EnchFWO Augur

Again...

Quatr and Ghubuk like this.
  13. Ghubuk Augur

oops
    EnchFWO likes this.
  14. Lianeb Augur

Just because you will no longer be able to cherrypick named with no PHs and on a timer makes this zone useless? I am ok with this thought process, that means the name mobs will be up for my kos toon to kill to bank tribute and power supplies with, no change to me, I guess
  15. EnchFWO Augur

People will just leave their Mage alts non-KOS and do the same as they've been doing... just a tad more effort. All it did is add an inconvenience factor to the people already killing there and a huge disadvantage to anyone just getting there. AKA pointless waste of resources.
    Feznik likes this.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If you fight Klutzen in the pit, gonna have a bad time.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  17. EnchFWO Augur

You mean those lava tunnels up along the wall actually serve a purpose other than aesthetics?! :eek:
  18. Eanelder Augur

The negative faction hits turned me off this method, even though they wouldn't effect my game play, but people should probably be aware of them.

Factions Decreased:
    • Coalition of Tradefolk Underground -138
    • Highpass Guards -185
    • Merchants of Highpass -185
    • Carson McCabe -185
    I did find MM pretty decent with a 2x faction potion IF you can get the zone to yourself. Biggest issue was finding it open and keeping random people from ruining the spawn cycle.
  19. svann Augur

If you have a pocket wizard you can have him bind right outside MM and bop back and forth from MM to highold.
  20. IblisTheMage Augur

I am a sick puppy, having grown up as a Dark Elf, I sort of embraced being KoS, and would actually hunt in Neriak, because DE :-D. I guess I am more squemish now :). Keel.