Wal-Mart $15 SOE Game Card?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ojier, Apr 24, 2014.

1. ojier Lorekeeper

There are a couple Wal-Marts in my area - and they have always stocked those white and blue $15 SOE Game Cards - the ones that give you the 1500 points and a bonus of 500...

Now none of the stores have them, and no employees seem to know why? Does anyone know if Wal-Mart or SOE discontinued this item?

Wal-Mart seems to sell an online blue $15 SOE Game Card - but that one just gives the 1500 points - no bonus.
  2. Siddar Augur

Marginal source of sales for wallmart with a high internal theft factor.

SoE has reached the point where it will likely never ship a video game in a box ever, So reasons to share SC profits with large retail stores so they will carry future Boxed games is gone.

So well maybe see a narrowing of retailers carrying SC cards.

Or they could just be out of SC cards at your local wallmart temporarily.
  3. Enkel Augur

My local Wal-Mart always seems to have SC cards in stock, but I rarely see the cards with 500 extra SC. I went 2 months without seeing cards with the bonus 500, then last week I saw 2 at Wal-Mart, but the majority (about 12) were just 1500 or 1 month.
  4. Geroblue Augur

One of my local Wal-Marts carries the 1500 + 500 bonuis cards, lots of them. Another local Wal-Mart usually has about 5 to 15 of these cards. So it apparently depends on that store's management how many they carry.
  5. lancelove Augur

Hit me up in game ;)
  6. Tobin Augur

In the three Wal-Marts near me they show stock but no cards on the rack so people grab them and dont pay for them when they come in - there own personal stock I guess. So I have to resort to getting my non-bonus cards from the PX on base. BTW - many companies do Military appreciation pricing - that would be a good idea to supply the bases around the world with 500 bonus cards like Wal-Mart - AAFES would be glad to sell them.
  7. Geroblue Augur

Until activated at the cash register, the cards are worthless to thieves.
  8. Nolrog Augur

Yeah, I didn't get that one either.
  9. Tobin Augur

I guess they think that if they take a stack home of non-active cards they can always go to the store and not worry about having any in stock because they "stole" the ability of anyone else getting the cards.

10. Geroblue Augur

Sounds plausible.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

If these are being stolen by employees then it would be possible for the cards to get activated at whatever point the person wants/needs them activated.
  12. Kolani Augur

The blue ones don't require register activation.
  13. Eluwenie Augur

Just go to www.walmart.com and I found them at my local Walmart store, they are only in-store but they will tell you if they are in stock or not (the ones with a 500 bonus SC). If they are not in stock at you're local store you can do a search on that site for the ones that do carry them.
  14. Geroblue Augur

mine are blue, says right on the back 'No value until activated at register'.
  15. Kolani Augur

One of the two variants doesn't have a magnetic strip or individual unique UPC codes and doesn't require any action at the register for activation. The other has a magnetic strip.
  16. Nolrog Augur

I don't think that's correct. I think they are activated in a different way. When the UPC code is scanned, the card is activated, they don't have to swipe the magnetic strip anymore.
  17. DraMaster New Member

If you're in a pinch and need to get a card right away and your store doesn't have any in stock you can always buy them online from walmart.com. They don't have the 500 bonus but at least you can always get one. They email the SC card number to you after purchase. They say it can take up to 24 hours, but every time I buy one the code gets emailed to me in minutes.
  18. ojier Lorekeeper

What are you talking about? Without the bonus, you might as well just buy the "in game" offering. It would be the same or better value, and instantly delivered. I want the white card WITH the bonus, please.
  19. Geroblue Augur

The ones without the mag strip are the new ones, they just scan the UPC code to activate it. Those are the ones I use.