Waiting on Beta :(

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Saeadyan, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Saeadyan Elder

Hey all
    I hate this part.
    You want to help out in beta so you sign up, then you wait and wait to get an invite.I have been involved in beta testing for EQ for about 8 years now. I've never been a huge help I guess so never get the preferential treatment I know some enjoy. But god I hate waiting, let me help LoL.
    Saave likes this.
  2. Pikkell New Member

I hate the waiting too. One time I didn't get it until 3 days before beta was over.
  3. Esero Elder

Yeah this happened to me during the last beta; I got in on the first day, too! ;)
    Obiziana likes this.
  4. Saeadyan Elder

YAY!!!! I am in, see ya on the flipside all. ;)
  5. Bamkan Augur

1 day ! and you broke NDA.

/sigh As there hasn't been a NDA disclosed to everyone else, i guess I have broken it by saying that you have broken the NDA.

How deep does the rabbit hole go? :)
  6. Cloudia Augur

Be vewy vewy quiet.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The part of the NDA wherein you can't disclose you are in beta is nullified by SOEs own actions, (intentionally allowing communication via the universal chat server). Nothing else is though.
  8. Caixaa Elder

Allowing comunication doesnt mean you have to, so NDA isnt nullified.
  9. Pwnography Augur

You're missing the point. Anyone who has a serverwide chat channel for friends across servers on autojoin is likely still in it. When you copy your character files to the beta install, your autojoins go as well. Without even noticing or speaking in it, when you first log in, anyone with announce on will see the beta.Pwnz join announcement, for example. Most don't even know the cross-server chat works on beta and it'll occur automatically. Those who do know may not have the knowledge to edit those ui files to remove the conflict. And lets be honest, hardly anyone is going to fully rebuild their entire UI, buttons, macros, etc.

Simply copying your UI and logging in may violate that condition immediately without your knowledge or intent, no messages required.
  10. Saeadyan Elder

Guess I should have read the NDA a bit better LoL didn't realize I couldn't say I was in it. I thought you just can't talk about what is in it.
    If I did a bad then I am VERY sorry don't wanna get fkn punted . :(
  11. Saeadyan Elder

Hmm when did they take away the ability to edit your posts?