Wait...what???

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rogue, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue Augur

So I go to vote on the new race/class combination and low and behold, they changed the winner from VahShir Druid to Dark Elf Ranger??? Why even have a vote if you are just going to change the results in the end? Just end this voting charade and announce DE Ranger wins and be done with it. What a joke.
  2. Sinestra Augur

If you read what happened they stated that someone with no life was using nefarious means to pad the results and they adjusted it. Can't cry over votes that shouldn't count really.
  3. Rouan Augur

You mean a hero was using heroic means to save the world from Drizzt clones.
    Dandin, Edrick, Renthor and 1 other person like this.
  4. An old ELF! Lorekeeper

The joke is, if a player wants a poll or a vote... it is not allowed.. but this is ?
  5. porky Augur

As much as I love the books, I am so not looking forward to 1000 versions of Drizzt Dourden running around.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  6. Prathun Developer

Feel free to vote against her if you don't want the Dark Elf Ranger to win in the semi-finals. Just don't vote a few thousand times, because those votes will be considered invalid. ;)
  7. Langya Augur

So what. Like we didn't get a slew of Legolas clones for the wood elf ranger that we already have. Most of EQ borrows heavily from prior creations for the easily recognizable (and marketable) features that define the genre so it is impossible to try and play the originality card.

Dark Elf ranger stands the best chance of winning as a result. The rest are just sort of novelties that people will vote for more out of opposing a DE ranger just because the dark elf ranger is such a cliche. It is still a cool cliche though and people will line up to role a benchmark of the fantasy world.
    Sinestra likes this.
  8. Piestro Augur

Please use an existing thread for this discussion, we don't need a bunch of threads on this topic.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.