Vulak nerf already? :(

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by grrrrrrrf, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Axxius Augur

Or you are not doing it right. ;)
  2. boukk_sebilis Augur

Avoiding his AE ramp is pretty easy, and he doesn't 1round appropriatly geared defensive full buff tanks even on flurry(which is his main killing tool).
  3. boukk_sebilis Augur

What s wrong with X2, we beat this one on first try and have yet to wipe to him, I don't even think it s possible it s so easy.
  4. Trajet D'Or Augur

27% - 9 of the 33 guilds reporting a Vyemm kill have reported a Vulak kill (CT didn't report a Vyemm kill)
    56% - 18 of the 32 guilds reporting access to Life and Death have reported beating it
    66% - 21 of the 32 guilds reporting access to Feast for Zalikor have reported beating it
    67% - 12 of the 18 guilds reporting access to Guardians of the Gate have reported beating it
    76% - 32 of the 42 guilds reporting any T1 kill have reported a beating Zeixshi

Those are the biggest bottlenecks with L&D and Zalikor having such "low" percentages partly due to guilds gaining access to 4 new raids and Velishan at the same time.

If they are going to adjust a raid Vulak was the obvious choice, if 2.5 months wasn't enough time to beat the raid it wasn't a priority and/or the adjustment is bring done with your guild in mind.
  5. Axxius Augur

He does, sometimes. Vulak is capable of 1-rounding a fully buffed defensive warrior geared in a mix of T1/T2 gear, with a lucky round. That is one of the things getting changed. Elidroth said he'll still do about the same average dps but without these spikes.
  6. Maereax Augur

You're... wrong.

Every pure melee now has a ~30s cooldown disc that is required one way or another for their classes dps. Volley for zerkers, battery/assault line for rogues (no idea what the new one is called, sorry guys!), synergy for monks. All of which have a range smaller than max melee, meaning if we're at max melee, we can't use them, and all of which are absolutely required for our DPS.
  7. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

thats what he is saying, its TOO easy think they want it harder.
  8. Gragas Augur

No the imp of death wild ramps hard and he shrinks as the event progresses which makes his hit box smaller than it should be, not to mention he can be pushed.

Vulak, well Elidroth said in berserker AA chat that wild ramp should not one round anyone but 40k x 4 pretty much kills anyone that is not a tank. Can you avoid it, yes, can you frenzy etc. at max melee, no.

It seems to me his damage changes with whatever weapon he is holding, the katana of wild /Elidroth's Katana would be a great example.

Is Vulak a belly caster? Wished he was so the wizards could enjoy wild ramp in its current state.
  9. Ronak Augur

This is simply not true. Almost all melee, and hybrids, are forced to dodge into and out of ae rampage range on Vulak to hit their special abilities. Or, they can stand at max melee and never use them, because you get "Your target is too far away" on every single one you attempt to use while at max melee range on Vulak.

You actually have to step in quite a bit to hit most of them. Not talking 1 inch here.
    Imrahil likes this.
  10. savrin Augur

All hybrids and melee for dps require being in ramp range to use their special attacks for dps. I have 3 30 second abilities that all require being in belly caster range to work. And just about any time I try to use them I can get one rounded. Melees and hybrid dps not dying to vulak are either not trying to dps or very lucky and have good gear.
  11. Noobieguy Augur

Most of NToV are belly casters (including Vulak). The only hard part about it is if the mob gets pushed around, staying within casting range and outside of rampage range. Vulak is easy for casters, once we find a spot that works, we just stay there.
  12. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

guess you dont really do this event. Spells have a limited range on which you can cast from. I ate ae rampage the first 5 kills before we realized there was a slight window and thats a VERY small area of distance.

xorbb2 is probably the 2nd easiest fight in this expansion
  13. Axxius Augur

Ok, I shouldn't have said 'most of the special attacks work'. Those close range ones are not safe to use, stay at max melee range. But they are by no means "absolutely required". I would like to nuke Yymp with fire, but I can't. Same goes for Vulak. You just have to decide what you want more: kill the mob or show off on the parse. And he dies faster without using the close range melee specials - because lower dps is still MUCH better than the dps you do when you are dead.
  14. Axxius Augur

Ok if he said that then he is adjusting it to do what he intended.
  15. Maereax Augur

I didn't mean that you're absolutely required to use them to dps, but...
    Events like Yymp are tuned around not using fire spells because it's explicitly said not to use them. Events like Vulak that artifically stop you from using abilities aren't tuned around not using them. Monks DPS drops a good 10-15% without the debuff from our synergy while the event isn't tuned around something like that, because technically we "can" use them. Now, monks DPS is in a shittier place than the stock market and this doesn't really matter, but the point remains... o_O
  16. Elricvonclief Augur

I wish Vulak required casters to be as close as melee.
  17. Gragas Augur

Not a caster.
  18. Ronak Augur

Only certain know-it-all casters.
  19. boukk_sebilis Augur

I fail to see what s so hard placing yourself in right position, there s even squares on the floor so you remember the right position easily :), sure you ve got a chance of dying if you F up, but so what? It's a top end event, the opposite would be wrong.
  20. Axxius Augur

Nothing would change. As I already said, I meleed Vulak to confirm that it works. Zero AE ramp damage. The point is that it's 100% avoidable.

Our kill last night took 16 min. Without using those close range special attacks. 1 person died to AE ramp the whole event, they moved too close accidentally. After it's nerfed it will probably take 13 min instead of 16 due to increased melee dps. Big deal.
  21. Axxius Augur

When we first tried Vulak, it turned out that some people had no problem finding the max melee range and avoiding AE ramp while others were still eating AE ramp at max melee range (and they could not hit the mob from any further away). Finding out that max melee range is not the same for everybody was really unexpected. And then finding out what affects it.