Vulak nerf already? :(

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by grrrrrrrf, Feb 6, 2013.

1. grrrrrrrf Elder

We have yet to beat it ,but it's one of the most well tuned and challenging fight in a while, we make constant progress on it (54% best so far, so still no there yet), It drop the best loot in game, does it need to be nerfed already, no way we re gonna beat the prenerfed version before next patch :(
  2. CaptAmazing Augur

Wait, you tone down a raid and haven't even addressed all the T2 missions non raiders are having issues with? I think it's incredibly lame to block out groupers because you want to say theres still content that hasn't been done to make this weak expansion see a longer shelf life.

It's a major gripe. You guys just love adding straw to the proverbial camels back.
  3. Axxius Augur

Vulak was one of the 2 mobs in the expansion capable of 1-rounding a properly geared defensive warrior with a lucky round. And he was rampaging just as hard. Elidroth said that was not his goal. Hard to disagree there.

However, AE rampage on Vulak is 100% avoidable, and dying to AE rampage there means you've made a mistake. I'd rather not change Vulak's AE rampage.
  4. boukk_sebilis Augur

Anything remotely challenging get nerfed nowadays, get used to it, just glad we beat it before.
  5. Abazzagorath Augur

I hate early nerfs when we haven't beaten something, it means we'll actually have to go try it before its nerfed when I'd rather be slacking off, bah! The gear on it should really be a lot better, like, last you through next expansion better (unless its put on a vendor anyway), especially if we get t3 stuff in a few weeks that would be even better.
  6. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

lolololololololol

that is all.
  7. Hatsee Augur

Oh please, he could one round anyone in the game right now with wild ramp but the best geared tanks with short term buffs on. That's ridiculous and had to change, nothing in NToV should be able to wild ramp for full damage, nothing in this game should be able to if it's possible that it can one round anyone but defensive tanks.
  8. Axxius Augur

Why not? It's rooted and doesn't do any push/pull. If you die to Vulak's AE ramp - it's 100% your fault. Not unlike failing emotes on some other dragons. Direct melee and single ramp 1-rounding warriors - sure, that's bad. But AE ramp is just punishment for mistakes.
  9. iniari-TR Augur

I agree , while im sure the event wasn't much of a challenge for guilds like roi , it was surprisingly challenging considering the even is basically a tier 2 ( harder then some of the actual tier 2 events )

I realize its impossible to design an event that is both challenging to the hardcore guilds yet is doable by the less optimized guilds is impossible i'd rather see events designed towards the easier path to success.
  10. Hatsee Augur

Says the person that plays a class that can sit in one spot and never move and do perfectly fine on almost any event.

You have no idea what you are talking about here.
  11. Axxius Augur

I have a pretty good idea what I am talking about, and I play more than 1 class too. We have killed Vulak with as few as 3 deaths to AE ramp during full melee burn, and all of those were mistakes. It took a little research and experimentation to find out exactly how to reliably avoid AE ramp. Perhaps it's you who knows less than he thinks he does.
    Loratex likes this.
  12. Elricvonclief Augur

I hate when they do this. It just makes it easier for everyone.

I mean, MY GAWD, my should be tight!!!

On a serious note, those guilds that beat had their glory time, good for them.
  13. Sereusa New Member

AE Ramage that can dish out well over 100k in one round is stupid given that it's a nerf to melee since few special attacks work from max melee range. Especially on dragons. Dodging in to use them is just asking for a lag spike to take you out.
  14. Songsa Augur

Sereusa is right, you can be max melee range and avoid the rampage but you will not be able to click lots of special attacks, moreover the max melee range is bugged as the spot to not take rampage is changing every round of vulak attacking, you constantly need to find the good position each round even if you found it the previous round.
    Now i'm waiting for same change for Xorb2, this is a joke atm.
  15. Rouan Augur

Yes, we've all known about MAX MELEE for years. We've all used it in the past. However, as has been pointed out, on dragons it's so far out you're effectively butchering melee dps.

That's not fun, and not fair.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Then it is the hit box which needs to be altered not change the rampage.
  17. Stubar Augur

Yes, however do you raid with one of those toons against a T2 boss that rampages for full damage? 136k in one round is a little ridiculous for wild ramp. We don't tend to die a lot to it, it is however a PITA and it could be problematic for many guilds. I think one of the major issues is that you have to reset placement quite a few times during the event and it seems to be very touchy at best. I live on top on my pet that event, and still get hit from time to time even though I'm at "max melee". I wouldn't call this a nerf. I'd say they are making the even more manageable cuz he's still gonna hit like a truck.
    Axxius likes this.
  18. Axxius Augur

I agree that it is PITA. But I'm also thankful to Elidroth for this event because it forced us to take a really close look at AE rampage mechanic and find out exactly how it works and how to avoid it. We have 4 raiding beastlords, and we have had only 1 of them die to AE ramp in the last 3 Vulak kills, and that was his own fault. If you are at max melee range and still get AE ramped - that's exactly the thing! Max melee range is NOT a constant. Once you realize that, the rest is easy. Even though I raid on a wizard, I also tested our new 'AE ramp survival rule' by meleeing Vulak before recommending it to the raid. The only class that has to be more careful than others is berserker, and even they can 100% reliably avoid AE ramp on a rooted target such as Vulak. And in turn, not having melee dps die to AE ramp helps speed up the event and reduce the number of times you need to re-position (currently for us it's just 3 times, and then Vulak is at 20%).

That said, I understand that Vulak was not meant to be so much harder than the rest of ToV (and all of RoF except Xorbb 1). But I would keep the AE ramp if only for educational purposes.
  19. boukk_sebilis Augur

Vulak WAS/IS aimed at the top end guild, it drop loot slightly better than T2 too, and is the hardest rof event by far (discounting x1 which is just broken).
  20. Axxius Augur

WHAT. :eek:

I think you are confused. You saw that the max melee range is not the same for everyone (or even for you at different times) but your conclusion as to why is wrong. AE ramp is not bugged, and the range is most definitely NOT changing every round, and you don't need to constantly adjust your position, and most of the special attacks work just fine from the correct distance (the only class with an issue there is berserker, they just have to be more careful than others).