Fixed VT Shards???

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by ViciousEQ, Oct 20, 2021.

1. ViciousEQ Elder

This cannot be right.

[IMG]
    Zanarnar likes this.
  2. ViciousEQ Elder

The items are not working when trying to combined them to make the key either.

No one can make a VT key at this point that didn't already have all 10 shards.
  3. ViciousEQ Elder

If you already had the original 10 shards they will still combined into the shadowed scepter frame. But the new "ring" style "shards" seem without purpose.

We are checking to see if old shards drop still or not.
  4. Ikkan_DG New Member

Time consuming, but it may be worth checking out if 10 of the "new" shards combined work. I'd say there's a decent chance they forgot to allow old and new shards to be combined together.
  5. ViciousEQ Elder

We are checking that now, and will check for a new containers if that doesn't work.
  6. Dono27 Journeyman

Can you combine them in a forge or something?
  7. ViciousEQ Elder

Old shards still appear to be dropping as well.

New shards use is unknown still. Collecting all 10 to try them.
  8. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

The "ring" style ones were the original "shards" for the VT key quest, I'm gunna guess that they mixed item ID's and back when they revamped the quest no one cleared the old bloat items.
    Dono27 and Zanarnar like this.
  9. ViciousEQ Elder

Got all 10 "New" "Links"

Do not combine in the old frame.

We are trying to get a "New" fresh frame to test.

[IMG]
  10. Fenl Bard

Ngreth — Today at 1:38 PM
    And even with testing mistakes happen. The testing note said "Check that these items drop" and did not include "Go check and see that those are the correct items to drop" so since testing notes was to test that the wrong items drop, and well, they do drop, it passed.

More messages on discord.

TL;DR; Mistakes happen, Current rings are worthless, Hotfix expected in a day or 2, shouldn't require a server restart. Original drops untouched.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  11. FrozenWater Augur

Kind of cool you can get the OG shards for a limited time though, nice collector's item.
  12. ViciousEQ Elder

Yeah I have all 10 "Links"... I don't feel cool though.
  13. FrozenWater Augur

You aren't, you play on Thornblade. But the links are cool. /s ;)
  14. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

New frame won't work because it's not the right container. Shadowed Scepter is the revamp VT key quest. The rings/links went to making a medallion.
  15. KizdeanGix New Member

Any official word on this?
  16. ViciousEQ Elder

They are working on a "hotfix" or something according to the official discord. I predict we see a fix in November.
  17. narcissistic_person New Member

it seems like every other little bug under the sun is being addressed before this