VP 2nd partisan task - Singing Stone

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Waldagar, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Waldagar Elder

I am at the last step where you find the last stone. Spent hours swimming in all the lava, with my eyes open (ouch), in all the locations mentioned in the write-ups but never got the emotes and never found the last stone. Any pointers you can pass along?
  2. Ofearl Augur

swim slower, wait for emote, also make sure you are in the correct lava pool....
  3. Spellfire Elder

While you are swimming in lava, you will get two emotes. First: You hear a faint hissing sound carrying through the lava, when you get that stop and wait a little; second emote: The hissing seems very close now. Small stone will appear close to your location, collect it and bring it to Gelidalin.
  4. Waldagar Elder

I spent some quality time in all of them, but which one is the "correct" one? Is it the pool to the northwest of the "island" room?
  5. Ofearl Augur

Swim around in the lava (as indicated by
    [IMG]
    on the map), when you get emotes, look around the lava for a rock, this is a ground spawn in the lava around where you were emoted. Keep in mind the lava does do damage.

That is from EQResource, The first stone is zone in, second is from the "island" area, 3rd and final is the NW part of the zone, lava and bridge area on the way to the Myliax chrono named.

Be perma invised, have your merc/healer following you. Swim slow, once you get the first emote, stop moving. You "should" get a 2nd emote as mentioned above w/in 30 ish seconds if I remember right. Then like water if you hover just right at the top of the lava it'll allow you to see clear.
  6. Dreadmore Elder

I've gotten updates right under the bridge and in the eastern pool at various locations. If I could make a guess at how it works, it seems there are several eligible spots to trigger the update (even different depths, as shallow as the lava already is), but only one of them is active at a time if at all.

One go took me 10 minutes; the next 40 minutes; the last, 2 minutes. You just have to constantly move a bit, wait to see if it updates, and if not, move a bit more.
  7. Revalla New Member

I am in the same boat as Wald ,on my 15th attempt ,read all the wright ups still no emotes .Been at spot 3 a lot and ramp and where I killed mobs . Spot 3 seems to be consistent with wins . Still no emotes and yes I took my time in all the spots mentioned and all the other lava spots. My question is has anyone had a confirmed victory since the faction change ? Did they perhaps break something in doing so . For the record it is not just me but I have had multiple people scooting around the zone for the last drop with no luck for at least 10 of the attempts .