Voting on Expansion Unlock

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TarewMarrForever, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Storytimebros Elder

Nothing can be done to help terribad raiders. Even if all the content was instanced you can now suck in your very own instance. Should be glad content is being killed and the loot is being sold since its the only way a casual will ever possibly get anything of value beyond cloth armor scraps. We only care about high value droppable gear and epic pieces need them kronos!
  2. Gregolo Augur

Bring 15 people to Hand of Veeshan and report back with results.
  3. Jamz Augur

We don't dictate anybody elses raid, we play the game we want to play. If that interferes with the way you guys play the game. So be it.
  4. Tharrg Augur

NO I want you to own up and stop your fellow members going into places like Hate and walking into Named spawns locations with people already in there and sitting on spawn points then using Enchanters to Charm the mob to then steal the kills. Stop your members that do this and you might not get a bad rep. When you have members running 20 + mages and they are using this tactic to steal kills.. and then they have the audacity to post the rare drops in SAY and laugh about it.. thats pure Grief'ing and uncalled for. Your members are doing this.... this is why the guild is hated... Most do not care if you get server firsts or farm on your own.. but blatantly stealing all kills in a zone because you can.. and then taunting everyone else.. that is uncalled for.
    Smallpox likes this.
  5. SBC0 Elder

I have an idea of what you should do- Maybe develop a shread of couth in how you speak to people and their experiences in the game. Your condescending attitude of other guilds and players in describing the raiding experiences in Plane of Sky is embarrassing for you. This is a game where you use arrows to run, click the mouse to cast, and I am sure use 3rd party software programs because of sheer laziness. Or maybe you lack coordination on a keyboard- I know alt tabbing out of windows and juggling multiple characters at once is very hard for some. You aren't curing cancer- you are staring at pixels at your computer for hours and hours at a time. Step off the pedestal you and your guild have created for yourselves.
  6. Banuvan Augur

I believe Naggy was mentioned not EoV. Don't be absurd.

@Jamz - Your words say otherwise. You "let" them do it implies you are dictating to others what they can and cannot kill. Simple grammar. The fact you are willing to interfere in others game play is at the heart of the problem and i'm glad DBG is making a fix to stop the absurdity.
  7. Gregolo Augur

You said raid target. I thought you were overgeneralizing again, my bad.
  8. Jamz Augur

Lol like I said, damned if we do and damned if we don't.
  9. Banuvan Augur

LOL. I honestly am curious how people can act like that to others and be completely oblivious as to why it's not considered an acceptable way to act with others. It boggles the mind. It truly does.
  10. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

It is hard to determine if the above is genuine, a parody or someone just trolling, so it is obviously time to invoke Poe's law.
  11. Jamz Augur

I'm sorry to hear that.
  12. Gregolo Augur

Probably the same way that I don't feel bad for shooting you in a FPS.
  13. Numiko Augur

remember the buff lines, sitting in chat rooms for a hour so buffs would not wear off waiting for the call to log back in and then assist healing off naggy's head (I was a cleric back then) and people actually dying to the mobs we were fighting?
  14. Banuvan Augur

Yep. Finding the chat room with your guild tag and trying to get into others to hear what they were talking about and other raid targets etc. Finding out where CoH mules were was a biggie for us so we could try and leap frog them by putting our CoH mules in better spots.
  15. Smallpox Augur

All I have to say is you guys are getting me in trouble at work.

Popcorn bits all around my desk and on my keyboard.
  16. Eldrian Augur

These last few pages have been nothing but one group of raiders complaining about another group. I was a top tier raider in EQ for many years, it got to the point I would spend more time in EQ than I did actually working. That was fine when I was younger but as I took on more responsibilites it just became impossible to continue and so I left EQ. I never stopped loving the game I just could no longer keep up the pace. Fast forward 6 years, now DBG has come out with a new TLP server that is advertised as being max nostalga and 6 months of classic. This is something that is interesting so I call up some old friends and we talk about it. We all miss the old game but none of us have more than an hour or so weeknights and maybe 2 hours on a weekend. Not alot of play time but hey we got 6 months right, I am sure we can keep up with that much time. So we all come out of our EQ retirement and start over on RF, and it's been a blast. Now enter the powergamers, the multiBOTTERS, sure they were an annoyance for about a week or so but you know what happened, they moved on. All of those are a minority and they all raced to the top so we end up like we are now, multiple groups of max level sniping to each other because they want the same thing. One of the major things I remember back from my raiding days is, Raiding is Competition. If you can't get something for whatever reason and someone else can then instead of complaining about what they are doing that works, look at what you are doing that doesn't work. All in all it really doesn't matter to me anyway, I am not in that game. The game I am in is what I came back for, a TLP with max nostalga. I don't really care what you do with your top end, leave my game alone.
    Smallpox likes this.
  17. Fallfyres Augur

----------------
    Yes but even with paid proxy's --- getting to retain the same isp addy is not the norm. You can get it but it will be at a premium, and video game companies don't like, nu-uh...changing isp addys from their customers. Raises questions. So you better be going to that same 'gas station' every time you log on to the game.:p
  18. Gregolo Augur

My point is that there's no cut and clean way to discern from someone using a proxy service, and someone who travels from one network to another commonly. Since it's impossible to do so, they can't use IP address as a metric for anything. If my girlfriend plays EQ at her house, then comes over to my place, that's an example. Or maybe if someone travels for business and plays EQ on his laptop. There's lots of stuff like that.
  19. Fallfyres Augur

----------
    I get what you are saying for sure. But there are still issues...utilizing many of the new security features in other games for instance will hassle you out every time you log in with a new ip address. When I came back those authenticators couldn't be purchased here with the CN buyout. Also you as a player may be under the radar for the most part, but if they decide for some reason, to 'closely examine' your account(s) it would get sticky. But you're probs ...completely safe.
  20. Jaxarale01 Augur

They are not oblivious... they do not care.
    It is a narcissistic tendency mixed with some sociopath thinking sprinkled in.
    I would contend that it is not only that they do not care but that making others miserable brings them fulfillment

Pick your cliche... mother didn't hold them enough, or too much?
    Dad never showed them attention or acceptance?
    Last picked at kickball or always first?

They are a fountain of misplaced rage and feel they must transfer that anger and grief onto others.
    They are truly miserable and happiness for them causes physical pain.

*Garland Green*
    EqEqEq, Barton and Smallpox like this.