Voting on Expansion Unlock

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TarewMarrForever, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Aye, it is not a case that I believe nothing should be done, it is that most of the proposed "solutions" will not work because they are trivial to work around. The mechanism in question that I quoted, was that all members of the guild that killed a raid target would receive an account wide lockout for a period of time, I stated how easy that was to overcome.
  2. Friday Augur

Not buying it. If like you say "we are here to be the best at raiding" it would seem a MUCH easier(and rewarding) task to get DB to open a faster unlocking, highly competitive progression server than claim top dog on a server populated by soccer moms (i.e. middle aged casuals with families/careers) and try to hijack it to your vision. To be the best at raiding on a "maximum nostalgia" server is fail, like an able bodied athlete taking a gold at the special Olympics.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  3. Gregolo Augur

Why do you keep confusing the idea that we need more content? We're fine with 6 months of classic. Is the entire server? Who knows. Vote will find out.
  4. Banuvan Augur

Oh yea. There are a ton of workarounds for people who want to do those things. I say more power to them if that's how they want to play the game. I, personally, would find it dull to kill naggy 4 times ( I have 4 accounts ) just because I can. I have no desire to be the best of the best. I play with friends who I have known for over a decade. We are enjoying ourselves yet since we are all 50 now ( I play the most and hit 50 a couple weeks ago ) we are finding that the enjoyment is going pretty quickly because content is being denied by TL ( and others i'm sure if TL wasn't there ) just because they can field more people.

The actual raid targets aren't the hinderance. There is nothing in the game currently that stops a guild like mine from killing raid targets. It's the actual people within the game that are hindering us from being able to continue playing and enjoying the nostalgia of playing with only classic zones/gear etc.
  5. Jaxarale01 Augur

+1

Been saying this for the longest! You sir get a gold star!
    Smallpox likes this.
  6. Smallpox Augur

Wow, this HAS to be a record or something.

Thread was started on 06-02-15, is now 29 pages, and is NOT locked yet.

Astonishing.

Quick! Someone call Guinness!
    [IMG]
  7. Vlerg Augur

Gregolo,

you do understand that for alot of players here, barging at naggy-vox-other classic stuff with 40+ people (aka, zerging it down) is quite boring, right?
  8. Gregolo Augur

I don't see your point.
  9. Vlerg Augur

You don't?

Ok. how would a small team of 12-18 people have a shot at a raid target, when another guild bring 72, turning said target into a DPS race?
  10. Banuvan Augur

Trying to get him to understand anything resembling fair play or humanity is a lesson in futility. It's not worth the time.
  11. Gregolo Augur

What happens when that small team joins with another small team with mutual cooperation in mind? Like countless other "small teams" did back in the day when they couldn't compete on their own.

Here's a hint, Darth Vader really had problems with them.
  12. Vlerg Augur

then it become yet another zerg force. and defeat the purpose of going in with small numbers in the first place!

Some of us don't get their entertainment out of zerging trivial content, collecting pixel... a modicrum of challenge is required ( and yes, I do raid Arx on live. thanks). This seem to be a strange concept for you...
  13. Gregolo Augur

That Gregolo guy is such a horrible person for not having the exact same morality compass and worldly views as me. What a scamp.

[IMG]

PS The answer you were looking for was "Alliance". And they're proven to be effective.
  14. Fallfyres Augur

-------------
    THAT will get cha's in trouble for sure though if caught :D.
  15. Finwen Augur

Being a good person. The struggle is real.
    Banuvan likes this.
  16. Gregolo Augur

No it wont. How can they determine if I'm using a proxy server or if I just brought my laptop over to my local gas station?
    Fallfyres likes this.
  17. Numiko Augur

They should just get rid of the raid tool and set it back to Kill shoot get's the EXP and loot, at least that way it would be more of a random competition. and it would be more classic!
    Finwen likes this.
  18. Banuvan Augur

Friend and I were talking about this the other day. Good times were had.
  19. Jamz Augur

Well now, thats just completely false. we let Apok have an uncontested shot at Overseer in sky last night; sure they wiped but we still didn't interfere. We also let RoI wipe in plane of sky for 9 hours yesterday, (who knew their "standard of good" was so low) without touching any of their kills or interfering with any of their attempts. Sure we killed the boss bee after their 40th wipe because it was on the way, we still didn't interfere with their classic progression. Sure their guild ninja looted keys off our corpses on the 7th island because their guild couldn't progress their on their own.

I mean, we're damned it we do and damned if we don't right? I'm not sure what else you want us to do at this point, do you want us to kill the mobs for you guys and just give you all the loot instead? I don't understand.
  20. Banuvan Augur

Of course you don't understand. The question was asked a few posts up and the expected response was given. It doesn't take 72 people to kill a raid target as has been shown already. So if my guild showed up with 15-20 to kill naggy you wouldn't interfere? Why do I not believe a word of it? So what happened in Fear on CT? Why interfere there? Why the sudden change? Maybe you guys should get your stories straight before contradicting what the other is saying. I mean you are in the same guild and all. Right?

Also, the fact that you are "letting" guilds do this is ridiculous. Why does TL dictate anybody elses raids? Next thing you know you guys will be selling the mobs in game.