Vocal notice when event occurs.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Toruch Fleshrot, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

I watched a EQ video and when a gift of mama was awarded, a voice spoke up letting the toon know he had a free cast. I'm wondering how spoken notices like this are set up.. thank you.
  2. Riou EQResource

Audio Triggers or Gina trigger
  3. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

4. Szilent Augur

EQ has a limited version built in. It works great for things that need to be immediate, like GoM. It won't use words like that without a bit of help, though. You have to get a sound file for it to play.

The popular GINA program will read off whatever message you like in response to whatever kinda trigger you like:
    http://eq.gimasoft.com/gina/Download.aspx
  5. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

6. Verily Tjark Augur

I downloaded a wav file of Ryu saying Haiduken, dropped it in my sound folder, then made an in game audio trigger for the lvl 110 GoM proc. I did the same thing but with Sonic Boom for the lower level GoM proc.
  7. Szilent Augur

mine just says "gift."
    Toruch Fleshrot likes this.
  8. Daedly Augur

If only DBG could get Morgan Freeman to do some voice overs for audio triggers....
    Fanra and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

You can with GINA. You just need some of his quotes in WAV format (mp3 may work as well) and then tie them to what you want to make it proc.
  10. Axxius Augur

That doesn't work well. For some bizarre reason, GINA plays sounds one at a time and interrupts them when the next trigger fires. Speech is queued (with an option to interrupt or not), but wav sounds are always interrupted.

So, if somebody wants a Morgan Freeman voice, they have to either use the built-in EQ triggers or create and install a new voice for Microsoft Speech engine (a bunch of voices can be found here).
  11. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Well damn that's a bummer but thanks for the info.
  12. Toruch Fleshrot Augur