VoA grind?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Asphen Leaf, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Asphen Leaf New Member

3 boxer returning from a break, have t4 HoT gear, lvl 90, 92,93 with mercs and just wondering where to grind in VoA or would it be possible to skip VoA and grind somewhere in the latest expansion? Any help would be greatly appreciated...
  2. Axxius Augur

Skip VoA and go directly to Shard's Landing in RoF.
  3. Kansan Cloudkicker Elder

If you really wanted to grind in voa, you could go to sarith near the gate. Lots of mobs, couple named, and a mob that gives 2 quests that you can do over and over.
  4. Kaylord101 Elder

just go to shards landing, same difficulty mobs, and plenty of them
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Piestro Augur

I actually usually recommend the opposite, grind in HoT until the mid 90's.
    moogs likes this.
  6. Kansan Cloudkicker Elder

Mass killing of blues has always been the way to go. Especially with the rof gear you can buy for super cheap
  7. Piestro Augur

I swear those nameds don't exist. I've spent over 100 hours in that spot; only got the guy who drops the earring once, goral four times, and the huntsmaster (painful for molo mage pre 96) twice. Still where I did a lot of grinding.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  8. KC13 Augur

LOL, Welcome to EQ (tongue only slightly in cheek). I've been looking for a named for almost 3 months now, no show, lol.
  9. Nenton Augur

If only there was someone with a direct line to the devs who could pass on that the single placeholder spawn rates in Sarith have been broken since day one... Know anyone?
    VanillaCoke likes this.
  10. Kansan Cloudkicker Elder

Yeah, the mobs outside city hall seem to be on vacation, 84 placeholders before I got one. But good for exp
  11. Eaiana Augur

Sarith named are pure evil. The Life Knight and the Sea Ranger were such a pain for me to get for the VoA hunter.
  12. roguerunner Augur

I'm sure it's been reported many times that Sarith named frequency is insane low. That hunter ach was agony.
  13. Sawfish New Member

I'm in the same boat as him, running 94 shammy, 94, monk, and 89 mage with all J5s. Where is the best grind spot? I been afk about a year and havent bought the new xpac on all these accounts. Whats the best VOA, or HOT spot just to sit and push to 95. Not keyed for upper floors in HOT, only 40 language VOA.
  14. Kelefane Augur

I agree with this too.
  15. moogs Augur

Work on Underfoot first tier progression. The XP from the tasks is still awesome. I packed 2k AA on my mage and warrior in less than a month just cycling through tasks. Follow this advice and you will find what you seek.

Friend and I set a goal last year to do all of the HoT progression by ourselves. We did it and it was fun. Good XP, and now it's easy to flag guildmates and alts. Plus you get to see more of the game.

If you're looking for a pure grind spot, go to the far east room in The Well and stand on top of the halfling and do his 3 repeatable kill quests until you can't see straight.
  16. Bregan D'aerthe Journeyman

I would stay in HoT till 92-93 and then do all RoF mercenary/partisan.
  17. Piestro Augur

It was brought up. They are low, but not insanely low. I've seen the actual numbers.
  18. Falos Augur

Lower than any other named / zone in the game with the exception of maybe bloody kithicor.

Lower than every other set of named mobs / zone in the game with the exception of bloody kithicor (which only is low cause the named mobs have so many ph's in that zone) I've completed every hunter achievement in the game multiple times and Sarith named spawn rate is way wayy wayyy too low.

I don't feel it's worth going back and changing now, or any amount of development time to change BUT definetly not something i'd like to ever see repeated in EQ again, I hope a lesson was learned from the spawn rate in that zone.
  19. Nenton Augur

Playing on Trakanon with no threat of competition for kills, I would clear all the placeholders for the 16 land nameds in Sarith every round and my record was 8 rounds in a row without a named back when I was doing hunter. I can't even fathom how low the spawn rates are to allow for that to occur. It should have been rare to go a single round without a named spawning when clearing for that many nameds yet consecutive rounds of no nameds were common. It's either broken or a terrible design decision.
  20. Axxius Augur

It's not broken. ;)