Video Lag on Evantil Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tordail, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Tordail Elder

I have had this problem since Rain of Fear came out, and I finally got frustrated enough to post about it. I have no issues in other RoF or SoF raids. In Evantil, I have to turn actor clip and far clip down to almost nothing and turn off all pixel shaders and all options. I use old models. And I still have horrible video lag. I generally raid at 70-90ms, have a Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS card, tons of RAM, and always set EQ to high priority and affinity to all processors. Does anyone else have this problem? And if you were able to solve it, what did you do?
  2. Kelefane Augur

What kind of lag is it? Hard random freeze lag where you cant move for 0.5/1.0 seconds etc? That kind of resembled the old Journal hiccups?

I know quite a few folks that get that kind of lag in game these days.
  3. Tordail Elder

Sort of. I still have the ability to move and cast, it's just that everything is laggy and slow and my video is choppy. I have to hit F1-F6 several times to target, hit my NUMPAD buttons several times before a spell will cast, that sort of thing. The fact that it only happens in Evantil leads me to believe it's something with the zone and not my machine or connection, but I don't know what that might be.
  4. Kamea Augur

Whatever your FPS is on most raids, you can expect 30-40% less on Evantiil, regardless of your setup.

With that being said, your system sounds extremely out of date. A decent modern gaming setup should be able to stay at 60 fps (aka screen refresh rate) on most non-evantiil raids and high 30s, low 40s on evantiil.... with the settings you named.
  5. Mintalie Augur

Wonder how many threads and posts there are about the server-wide lag issues since Tier 3 was released... hundreds? Still hasn't been address and still affecting many, many people. Frustrating.
  6. Tordail Elder

I have it set at 45 fps under Options - Display - Advanced. Never felt like I needed it to be higher. And my system runs EQ just fine; I have no problems in other zones at all. I can play more modern games with no graphics issues. It's just Evantil.

This hasn't been happening since Tier 3 was released. It's been happening since RoF was released. Evantil has been laggy from the get-go. But still, it's frustrating.
  7. Kelefane Augur

Also, im curious if the lag people are experiencing on this Evantil raid, have to do with the fact that some guilds burn the boss down allowing the ant adds to stack up and then clean them up once the boss dies. That is a lot of mobs at once being up in a very tight confined area creating lobby style lag.
  8. Gragas Augur

Umm no? Considering the ants are indeed dying so there is no stacking up because of the AEing going on? At the end there might be 4 ants left up. The lag seems to stop when the cloud of death stops floating around.
  9. Kelefane Augur

nah, I know some guilds that just straight up burn the boss leaving all of the ants up until the very end. That would cause lag issues.
  10. Tordail Elder

I have heard of guilds doing this too, Kelefane. But that is not the case with my video lag. My guild kills the ants as they spawn. As the other poster said, there may be perhaps four ants left up at the end that we need to clean up. I am curious to see if the pollen cloud has anything to do with it.
  11. Augok Lorekeeper

Never experienced this one myself.
    However I know that it effects some people in the guild. Killing ants or not makes no difference (we've done it both ways to confirm its not related to that).
    However I also doubt it is the pollen cloud as that doesn't exist until after the molars are dead and at least for my guildies its from the moment they zone in.