vetran mmo healer/new to everquest

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by ROSSMADISON, Apr 27, 2017.

1. ROSSMADISON New Member

I hit level 25 as a cleric killing undead at the Estate of Unrest.

Where is a good place to kill undead at about my level? Im playing on Phinigel.
    sorry for typo on the thread name.
  2. Vizula-Emarr Elder

Just going off the top of my head, you might want to verify the level range, but probably lower guk? There are undead frogs around that range, could be 30s stuff tho
  3. ROSSMADISON New Member

Thanks. I find killing undead easy as a cleric for leveling. I will have to look up lower guk.
  4. skattabrainz Augur

On phinny it should be pretty easy to get a group even at low levels, the xp is a ton faster in a 6 person group on Phinny.

Welcome to EQ:)
  5. Kirab Lorekeeper

You can get a little closer to 30 in Unrest still by going to the basement, but there will be a few not undead things down there, like werewolves. To get to the basement go through the rooms on the main floor, and click on book cases one of them opens to reveal a secret stairwell.

After that Lower Guk dead side is good, and can take you to 40ish probably. Then City of Mist, though there, there will be golems, slimes, and humans that aren't undead in certain areas. But the exp there is great. Somewhere around 50 I'd say you can head to Veksar, which after the goblins at the entrance most things are undead. There's one area with some golems, but its mostly easy to bypass and get to the undead, which then opens up to all undead (except maybe the dismembered hands in 1 small area, not sure if they are undead). Veksar can take you to 60 easy.

Then I guess it would be Crypt of Decay in PoP.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

Welcome to Everquest.

Please do not hesitate to ask for help here or ingame.

There are a number of levelling guildes, like Almars's, and some good introductory youtube videos. Sites like Fanra's wiki, eqresorces. Zam, raidloot have a lot of information on them.

EQ unfolds itself in the grouping game (as opposed to solo), so building relations and joining a guild are key to a good experience.
  7. ROSSMADISON New Member

Thanks all for the tips.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  8. Anhari Augur

Around 50 you want to go to Howling Stones, but it does require a Key.

You start the quest (Key to Charasis) in the Swamp of No Hope. Talk with Duoroz who will start you on the quest.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=682

Charasis is mostly undead, but beware, there are traps/hidden holes that you have to navigate around, and 4 wings to the "castle". Great experience (it has a ZEM). This should get you to around 65 when you can move on to The Hole (Ruins of Old Paineel<sic>). As stated about you can also do the Plane of D. and/or the Plane of Nightmare where there are several good pockets of undead.

Also don[t forget the Plane of Hate, and the Plane of Fear Both are Undead Factories!