Veteran's Wraith in RoF busted?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FrankeB, Dec 3, 2012.

1. FrankeB New Member

So the other day I went from 18/21 in Vet Wraith to 19/21
    My max crit hit with my 2hander I was using at the time went from 10150 to 9850. Lost a couple hundred. I was in the middle of a burn so passed it off and figured i'd zone when done and see if that did anything. Of course it didnt. I scrutinized my buffs.to see if I had something I wasnt aware of up, or had clicked something and it was all kosher and the same. Nothing changed over the last couple days so ignored it and figured imust have just hit a disc or had a random buff that wore off at the same time in a bad coincedence.

A few days later now and I just hit 98 and get vet wraith 20/21. Now my max crit hit has gone from 9850 to 4700. It's as if it's no longer even reckognizing Vet Wraith what so ever (and ya, double checked weapons, still same 2hander.)

Something definitely wrong lol. Shadowknight here as well. What the eff going on? Not seeing anything about this posted so not sure if it's a known bug being worked on or what, if it's unknown i'll try to get as much more info put up as possible.

*edit - tried log'n completely out and back in and nothing changed.
  2. WarSheol Augur

Ss a warrior with a 1 hander it seems to be ok ill have to go test it now . I havent heard any one else mention this ether
  3. Tegila Augur

will ahve to test what hes sayingk i havent noticed an issue, but giving nothing in comparison istn the same as takinga way what you already had (like the rgr/dru foraging skills for example)
  4. Hatsee Augur

Haven't noticed this, tested it out in beta and didn't see anything other than a slight increase but as someone else already checked the numbers I didn't bother to write it all down.

1 handed weapons only though.
  5. FrankeB New Member

So I fixed it after brainstorming a little bit later in the night. Before I bought the vet wraith AA in 98, while still building up a buffer of exp, I did die and lost my level but got rezzed back up to 98.

I had also noticed that my stats seemed off as well. I had bought the few pertinent new RoF stat AAs before even vet and it seemed like they did not register either. My stats at 98 were the exact same as they were at 97 despite the new level and new AAs.

I figured that the loss of level might have had something to do with it, that it may not not be a bug with vet AA but something to do with my toon losing a level, getting rezed back into the level but for some reason the flag of his level was not matching the AAs and somewhere in there it thought I was still 97 even though I was 98 and buying 98 AAs and it went haywire and just completely ixnayed vet wraith altogether.

So I killed myself a couple times to lose my level again and hope that rezzing back up to 98 it would rerecognize the ding. Sure enough, while paying attention, when I took the death that nocked me down to 97 I didnt lose the extra stats from the str/agi/dex/sta AAs I had purchased. As well, beat up a few things before taking rezs and at 97 my crit hits went back up to where they were 'round 9800. When I rezzed back up my reding to 98 did register with my stats and I now got the boost from the AAs and my hits were now registering the new rank of 20/21 in VW and were doing a couple hundred more.

So seems like I just hit a bug with losing and regaining a level and somewhere in the connection between AA requirements checking the level and messing up.
  6. FrankeB New Member

Got a bit of confirmation that something is wrong from a guildy today.
    He was planning on sticking at 97 to continue to do a bit of SK swarming and max out his AAs before going on to 98. Said he hit 98 from doing a few tasks in SL that give both reg and AA exp so while in 98 he thought he might as well spend a few AAs banked and he bought vet wraith and some other stuff and deleveled back to 97. Figuring he'd just get the 19/21 from it instead of the 20/21 when he went down a level but sure enough he seemed to completely lose the vet wraith bonus and was hitting for half what he normally does. Said he killed a few things to hit 98 again where it was back to registering for full effect again and then deleveled back down to 97 to try and see if it would reregister correctly like it did for me in the opposite situation but to no avail, back to hitting for half damage.

So it's a funky rarely encountered bug it seems with losing levels and the AA not recognizing what level it should be working at and just then failing completely.
  7. Hatsee Augur

Lol.

Never, ever, ever, ever buy an aa line if you think there is a chance you will delevel, ever.

Very well known bug.
  8. Straahdx Augur

just a pet peeve of mine, but it's Wrath, not Wraith..;)
  9. FrankeB New Member

That probably also explains why there's no chime in from the devs or anyone from sony, they know it's an issue that they can't fix =P.