Veterans Rewards ~ Where did you go ~ What would be Best?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Archery, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Can't see veteran rewards starting again and if they did it would not be for years of play. I believe the devs have said as much but I won't go on record for that.

So not sure what you would use as a yardstick for new rewards. I guess you could start over at year one from the day they restart them and only look at play time after that day. So as of say today each year of non interupted game play earns you a new veteran reward. Any break in paid game play during that year and no reward.

Something like that would encourage people to stay subbed all year. It would generate some extra income for DBG to pay for the dev time adding the new vet rewards. And since everyone would be on the same footing when they started it we wouldnt see old timers like me getting a reward that newer players will probably never see.

Some of the new vet rewards could just be reductions in the timers on existing ones.

Now the question is would the everquest system be able to handle recording the pertinent info.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

They won't add anymore. It was really an inducement to paying for accounts anyway, since prior to FTP they only ticked up ENTITLED (not PLAYED) time via paid time.

But doesn't mean we can't suggest things! Might make it as regular aa or expansion feature, np.
  3. Archery Lorekeeper

How dumb can we be?

Do we really listen to people who say it's not fair for me not to get free, things others paid and worked for?
    Duder and Dythan like this.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

We are living in the Participation Ribbon Era.
    KarmaKitty and Coagagin like this.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

For those wanting a Parcel Merchant, there is no need for a new Vet Reward for that. DbG just needs to add the parcel option to the Permutations Peddler and/or the Resupply Agent.
    Angahran, Skewert and KarmaKitty like this.
  6. GoneFission Augur

They could change the name from Veterans Rewards to Veterans Entitlements. That works at multiple levels of how they are awarded as well as how they are regarded.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't understand everything after Veteran Rewards in the thread title.

But as far as new rewards the best thing would be to NOT add them to the end of existing Veteran Rewards.

Make a new Loyalty Reward and everyone starts earning time now. Each account gets a Loyalty Reward after one year of an account being active. You don't have to claim them they get allocated to all toons on the account currently active or made in the future.

And instead of time played its active time earned going forward after it was implemented. This will encourage all current players to keep their accounts active to earn these Loyalty Awards. They could even require one year of continuous subscription via any means krono pay etc.

That is how I would do it and how I believe DBG would get the most bang for their buck.
  8. KarmaKitty Augur

They could make an adjustment to the loyalty vendor in POK and the distribution of loyalty currency. There are some really nice items there. A very positive feature of the game from my viewpoint and perhaps something not too costly (development wise) to adjust.
  9. Angahran Augur

Also the banker.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

1. Parcel Vendor
    2. LotD II
    3. Hero's Succor (Port to group member once per day)
    4. Armor of Experience II
    5. Divine Hero (no-fail, no-reagent Divine Intervention, once per week)
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

That might take some extra coding. That's why I was just listing the two I did.
  12. Cimbaeth Elder

I would vote for a class based illusion of some sort. Which would actually be really easy, as a dev told me they had already coded and added that to EQ years ago but never made it go live.
  13. Fluid Augur

It's actually hard for me to resist asking for more veteran perks. What would please me most at this stage would be new blood and returning players over yet another veteran perk. Rather then another 15 mins of Lesson of the Devoted, I would rather have say 1,000 new and returning players added.
  14. Fian Augur

I think the biggest issue with parcel vendor is they make money selling Expedient Delivery Vouchers which pretty much does the same thing. I can't see them taking money out of their pocket to give a parcel vet reward.
  15. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

I really like the idea of adding the parcel option to the merchant aa. But as it has been stated by Corwyhn, the devs will never advance the current vet reward system farther.

So that means we need a new system and lets face it any new system has to be based on Kronos.. weather its based on how many you have bought, or how many you have consumed or a combination of both. This isnt SoE anymore, and if Daybreak has taught us anything since taking over decisions are based on the bottom line. A system that would drive krono sales, or in turn drive krono out of the market would be our best hopes. Now before people say that a system like this is too "pay too win", that is exactly what the current vet reward system was you had to pay for 15+ years to get everything. (aside from being a guide, or using exploits).

Another problem with current vet rewards is that you cannot use them on TLPs until GoD, a new system could implement abilities the dev see fit to allow day 1 on a fresh TLP server.

consume/buy 1 krono - Lesson of the Initiate 10% exp buff for 30mins reuse 20hs
    consume/buy 5 krono - Summon lore, no rent 10 slot 100% weight reduction bag
    consume/buy 10 krono - 20% run speed buff 20 min duration, 4 hour recast timer.

Just a few idea's i think would be an allowable level for TLPs..

Now yes, I am bias towards TLPs having spent most of my play time on them since mid Underfoot, and im sure the idea's i've just posted sound like a joke to anyone presently playing on live servers. However I have not forgotten you, and with the implementation of a new system, we can have it work differently than the one of the past. The new system would be tied to the current expansion, so it would not effect TLPs untill the server would catch up to it. In turn letting the new system offer powerful abilities equal to the current power level of the expansion, as well as granting access to the lesser abilities.

Now while i am out of touch with live servers i cant think of anything the system could offer that would be relevant other then giving another path to accessing Intensity of the Resolute but not giving players who already have it a second chance to use it (same timer). Someone could create a new account buy/consume the number of krono needed and still be able to compete on dps parses.

Maybe someone who likes this idea could think of a few more ideas the system could offer for live servers.
  16. Lannin Elder

Recruit a friend , that your portal to a player option , its been done.

Seems to me they stated a while ago , this program was done , they weren't adding anymore.

I would be happy if they put more Parcel vendors in , GL , Plane of Tranq , any other safe zone that isn't a city. I don't think putting more parcel vendors in the Norrath should be a veteran reward , it should be an upgrade everyone gets.

IF your going to put out a new one , could I get another cool firework , make it 200 AA plz !
  17. Angahran Augur

So nothing to do with veteran rewards, but you want some pay-to-win crap that simply rewards those with more disposable income.

No thanks.
    Elyssanda and CatsPaws like this.
  18. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

why do you need disposable income to spend plat on kronos? and vet rewards were already pay to win like i said in my post. "pay us for 7 years for the best dps disc in the game"
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Operative word there is WERE - they are no longer. They WERE a reward for those of us who paid subscriptions at that time. They have since been made to apply to free accounts also. Even if you started a free account 5 years ago you would still be eligible for 5 vet rewards.

The dev's could have kept it limited to paying subscription accounts.

I cannot buy a krono ($17.99) for 30 minutes of fun. I can buy a krono for 30 DAYS of fun. Paying for an increase to stats for 30 minutes is pay to play. I guess if one had unlimited ;) krono available then it would be cheap for them. No matter what anyone says it takes time time time and usually the latest expansion to farm for Krono efficiently or farm for the plat to buy krono.
  20. Angahran Augur

1. Kronos are purchased with real money, so more disposable income means someone can purchase more kronos.
    2. Veteran rewards are/were not 'pay to win', they were available to anyone. Simply required a subscription. If player A has more real world money than player B they still cannot purchase more veteran rewards.