Veteran Reset? not sure where to post

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lilpatt, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Lilpines New Member

A one time reset option for players would definitely be a good thing and again it would be an option. There is no way it could have a negative effect on anyone and as it is a RESET you wont be getting anything you haven't earned. This just allows loyal people who have stayed with EQ for 20 years to make up for changes in play style that come with changes from being 18 to being 38. We choose to play different characters and therefore would like different Veteran AAs. We have moved servers since we aren't raiding any more or our servers are gone, we retired chars because our guilds have folded over the years, just respect the fact that people have reasons for retiring toons, such as the deaths of people we always grouped with such as the loss of my best EQ and RL friend Geegen Otaku. After so many years, asking for an option to reset our Veteran characters is not a huge undertaking, has no negative impact on others and does offer positives for many of your most loyal customers. Please give it some real consideration. Respectfully

Lilpines
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I have been playing for twenty years and knowing how veteran rewards work I still have unclaimed veterans I can use on new characters I make if I so wish. People should be aware of the rules and if they choose to use up all their veteran claims then so be it. If you make and delete toons a lot don't claim veterans on them unless you are sure you are going to keep them.

Maybe they could add additional Veteran Claims as something you could purchase from the marketplace? Though I could still see abuses of this assuming account to account transfers of characters ever worked again. Twenty bucks for an additional vet claim might cover the cost of DBG adding the feature.

A reset would simply reward those careless with their Veteran claims and effectively short change those who knew the rules and used the veteran claims more carefully.
  3. Graytis Lorekeeper

In lieu of coming up with new veteran rewards every year, I'd support a "Pass the Torch" token or something once a year instead, allowing you to "un-claim" vet rewards on a character and "re-claim" on another.
  4. NeverPayForLag Augur

and some correction for bugs.

I have a rogue who is 17 (!) years old and was the first flagged for veterans. The login server desaster and connection problems over a year ago made one zoning in Bazaar strip my rogue from ALL - bags, gear - everything was gone. After another zoning/relog the bags/gear appeared again but all veterans have been stripped (and housing stuff too). Relogging with patcher (yada yada the usual notworking "bugfix) did nothing. I petitioned and the support was in the end "unable to correct this bug". This pissed me off so much that I stopped playing for a while. It is still beyond my understanding why the support is so bad that a simple thing like manually correct such a bug cannot be done. I complained about that more then once, always the same result. The support was not really able to communicate properly and I had the feeling that the whole communication was only readymade textblocks and nobody really read or understood the issue. And because I tried to get the rogue up to veterans again, I tried the usual /veteran command and he was then flagged with veteran for this very moment. And the support always argued that he has veteran for now and they cannot change it and he still has it ... but.... for months instead of more than a decade. So now he has been set back to a month old veteran rogue instead of having the most veterans. Not even Lesson is there anymore. Thats what I call worst support ever.

The solution would be simple: Changing manually the veteran reward according the the real birthday / played data of this rogue and everybody is happy. Result: "this is not possible".

Birthday 2002... you know how much that sucks?
    Duder likes this.