Veteran Reset? not sure where to post

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lilpatt, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Lilpatt New Member

I have been playing on and off for 15 years and have made and deleted many characters over the years. I have multiple accounts as do many of us older players and would really appreciate a Veteran reset. As a reward to those of us who have been around forever thank us for that loyalty by allowing us to once again select which of our characters we would like to have Veteran AAs. Since one of my accounts was created 15 years ago, I should be able to have vet aas on all chars but that isn't the case. Please look into this simple request. Thanks and have a wonderful day.
  2. Gialana Augur

This is not directly related to your request but is just information based on my understanding of how veteran rewards are supposed to behave. I apologize if you already know all or most of this.

Since your account is 15 years old, any character on which you enable veteran rewards should receive all of the veteran rewards possible since DBG stopped making new rewards after year 15. With 15 years on your account, you should be able to enable 15 characters with the rewards. But that's 15 across all servers and across all time. If you delete a character, you do not get to give its veteran rewards to another.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Ghubuk Augur

Aye, unfortunately, if you use vet rewards on a character, it uses up one of your available vet rewards. If you delete or move the character it is still gone. Unfortunately, I think if this "veteran reset" were allowed, it would quickly become abused by people who sell toons.
  4. Mannhec Lorekeeper

Not sure if this is relevant to what you are asking, but if the acct is 15 years and the char was made long enough ago to be eligible for Veteran rewards, a /Veteran? will unlock the vet rewards on that char. Of course will not restore those that have already been used up.
  5. HULKMAN Lorekeeper

Best thing is , talk to a GM online and he can fix it for you
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Gm Online = jumbo shrimp = honest thief = busy doing nothing - all these are oxymorons. Have not seen a GM online in game since 2000? on Tunare. Not counting guides cause they aren't GM's. Unless your on a TLP then they are a dime a dozen from what I hear.

This post was meant for humor and as such no real names were used and no response needs to be given. Just chuckle and move along.
    Nennius likes this.
  7. smash Augur

What is there to fix?
    Op says have made/claimed and deleted chars.

When you claim and delete a char you NOT allowed to reclaim again.

So if you got 1 year account and claim and delete. Then the veteran is GONE.

If you move a char that got veteran to another account then the char has no veteran, but can claim on other account if the account got any free. And the account the char comes from does NOT get an extra free veteran reward waiting to be claimed.

This has also been public knowledge from day 1 when they introduced veteran rewards in a galaxy far away.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  8. HULKMAN Lorekeeper

Well then if you cant get a GM , use the petition command and check your emails . They will respond with a FIX or they will tell you why you dont have any veteran rewards
  9. Guandle New Member

If you played 15 years ago, but only played a year or two, your account would only have those years credit towards vets. I am pretty sure that is how it works. I started playing I think in 2003. Off and on, since then, a few years I did not play. I have just over 10 years activation and only 10 year vet rewards, maybe 11 =-D. I just got the banker unlocked.
  10. Funk Augur

People are missing his point. Your account would still be only entitled to the rewards based on age of the account. But you would reset what characters on the account have been selected to use the veteran rewards.

I support this 100%, I have characters I do not play any longer that I did /veteran on. I'd like to /veteran on my new favorite characters since I do not play the old ones any longer. The reset would not even have to be forced on everyone. It could be a command like /resetveteran. Boom you can now assign your veteran reward slots to the characters you actually play now!

Let's make it happen captain!
  11. Ghubuk Augur

Then people who sell accounts would abuse it.
    Level a toon, make it veteran. Sell the toon (currently, characters keep their veteran flag when moved to another account). Reset veteran reward and voila, you have your veteran flags back.
    So would be hugely abused. No doubt in my mind.
  12. Funk Augur

Then make it reset veteran rewards when a character is moved to a different account. I have only moved maybe one or two characters to different accounts and don't even remember if I had given them vet rewards but it seems logical to auto reset a characters veteran reward status if moved to a different account with a lower age.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I thought you kept the flag but only get the amount of awards as how old the account being transferred to is?
    "Characters that have been flagged to receive Veteran Rewards maintain this flag, however, as these rewards are based on the age of the account, your character may gain or lose abilities depending upon the Veteran Reward level of the account the character has been moved to."?
    Funk likes this.
  14. smash Augur

Can still be abused. Normally when you have account you also make chars who claims veterans.

You would be able to sell old account and then person buying would be able to get free chars with max number of veterans.
  15. Funk Augur

We're talking about a 17+ year old game here, we don't know how much longer it's even going to last. But we'd like to enjoy it while it's here and have veteran rewards on the characters we play now. So make it only able to be used once per account, one reset allowed ever. How does that really negatively affect anyone else in the game? It doesn't.
  16. Ghubuk Augur

I am talking about people that sell characters, not accounts (though that is against the rules as well).
  17. Ghubuk Augur

You do, but now the person that buys that character wouldn't have to use a veteran flag up and the person that sold it can get that flag back using reset.
  18. fortuneteller Augur

I do not believe that things like this should have their rules changed. This is not different from any other games.
    In other games, you do not change the rules, just because they dont fit you anymore.
    Nennius and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  19. Funk Augur

I want to see a reply with a legit response on how it would negatively affect a single person in the game. But there isn't one because you would never know who else has vet rewards or how many years entitled.

It would only bring a positive effect as new mains might gain intensity to use on raids and help their guild, or they would gain Throne of Heroes (again does not negatively affect a single other person in the game) This isn't about changing rules, it's about quality of life adjustments that would allow others to enjoy the game a little more.

Again, please reply with a real reason on how it could possibly affect you in any way. Because I cannot come up with one.
  20. fortuneteller Augur

Maybe I do not like that I follow the rules and do not delete any chars I have put on veterans, so I will never "replace" a veteran thing, but that some will not follow those rules and be able to swap to another veteran.