vet aa Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by taliefer, Sep 11, 2019.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

I don't think anyone on selo cares. As far as I know selo has all the op ones unlocked.

But there are 2 discussions going on here... one complaining they deserve to keep their rewards and the other arguing that a +50% all dps mod can be overcome by recruiting more necros to your guild.
    That0neguy likes this.
  2. That0neguy Augur

being able to miss 4+ clicks on OMM. Burning through Tunat with 20 people and still skipping all his add phases. There is a ton of content that these abilities allow people to cheese.
  3. Aneuren Tempered Steel

You're out on a limb Machen, sorry.

You still need to compensate for too many factors before you can come to the conclusion that this ability is the magic iWin button that other players are claiming it is. You don't see how your responses indulge their argument, but they do.

There are two patterns in this thread - people that argue the ability should be removed entirely, and people that argue the ability should be postponed. Both arguments are largely supported by the fairy tale that a player/group/raid with veterans are guaranteed to succeed on every single encounter, every single time; once they admit that there are other important factors that factor into the equation, they have a far weaker argument for why these abilities should be removed or postponed.

It's simply not the case, and you know it. You've been through plenty of raids where veteran rewards did not guarantee a win, and you've seen plenty of open world races where other tactics mattered far more than did veteran rewards. Especially open world, since players on these TLP servers are so incredibly toxic and are so willing to win by any means necessary, rules be damned.

Yes, it's a good ability, balanced by the years necessary to obtain it. Everything in this game is a time sink. Not a single argument put forth in this thread justifies changing veteran rewards from how they have been handled this entire time.
  4. AcemoneyFV Augur

People are just mad they can't cheese content, that's all I see here.
  5. That0neguy Augur

I'm not sure there was a single person who argued that the postponing of these was a good idea.
  6. Vexn Elder

Yeah, being able to summon a banker/merchant sure helps me cheese content. REEE
  7. AcemoneyFV Augur

I know, you can't grab that big bank anymore, sucks.
  8. yerm Augur

The time sinks everywhere else can be overcome by playing more or better and catching up. I took a break recently, and can put in time this weekend to get don unlocks and do dodh missions. How do I overcome a timesink for infusion? Wait 7 years? Eve online isn't even that brutal and they built their game around veteran-style unlocking. It's a literally insurmountable (aside from rmting a new account) barrier to catching up.

Also, do you seriously play in a competitive raid environment? There is no way to argue off 7th's incredible usefulness. We (amtrak) post dps parses after fights, and it's pretty damn obvious when you see drillisen's boxed monk with a little {7} suddenly topping the better geared mains. Tough fight like a low numbers maying, or a very lean tunat split? It literally does make the difference.

The whole other factors argument is complete and total garbage and it makes you look foolish spouting it. Please, for the love of god, stop. Infusion is a bigger boost to a dps race than ANY other factor aside from truly gross negligence like not bring in the hit box or pressing your buttons. Pick up a cleave 2 bp and maybe a fero range? You will still do less damage than the other guy of your class using a vet reward.

I play a cleric. I have a big heaping pile of vet rewards available for my account. Gates of discord unlocks and now berserkers are available - I would love to play one.

Do I make the berserker on the same account, which ends the use of my cleric? No, definitely not. So I can make a new account for the berserker right? No vet aa. My berserker will always, literally always, have less potential than others with vet rewards. They don't even still have the option that used to exist for me to make the ber on my old account and transfer off the cleric to a new one.

If there was any way to get infusion, even if it meant putting in hundreds of hours doing quests that make artisan charm look like a wow bear ! quest, I wouldn't care. Put in the time. There is NO alternative though; put in the time is an inflexible number of years doing nothing but having an account exist.
  9. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Ask Drill if I played competitively in raid environments.

You wait. Just like everything else in this game. But damn, how will I survive your scathing and witty commentary, I just don't know how I can ever counter such well sourced examples. And, lol, those examples, we should start nerfing veteran rewards because of hardcore end guilds having DPS jealousy in low number split raids? Do you even listen to yourself?

You reek of elitism. You're trying to support taking something away that veteran players have had for years, something that will effect hardcore and casual players alike, because of DPS racing? Do you know how much the majority of players on these servers hate being forced into DPS racing to begin with? You want to start forcing even more of your terrible beliefs on other people now as well?

That's an incredibly self-absorbed mindset, and I hope the Daybreak team sees it for what it really is. Veteran rewards, are fine. Sevenths, are fine. The original timeline for their release, is fine. Stop trying to get veteran rewards nerfed because some players can't hold onto an account for longer than 1 TLP run.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

He didn't say split tho.
  11. That0neguy Augur

You seem mad bro. You need to calm down.

The people saying 7th is OP all have it. I have it on 5 of my 7 accounts. Do I want it gone? Not really sure. Can I at least say that its OP and is a massive design flaw and game imbalance? absolutely. You need to look at it objectively. No one is going to fault you to say, hey yeah it is broken but I like it being broken because of xyz.
    Machen likes this.