vet aa Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by taliefer, Sep 11, 2019.

1. taliefer Augur

my brain hurts from watching all the mental gymnastics from people who picked sub optimal accounts to play on selos get something nerfed for those of us that dont account hop.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  2. Machen New Member

If you have one raid full of necros using 7th, and ten thousand necros divided into 139 other raids, not using 7th... And they are all casting the same spells... Which of the 140 raids is going to win the parse?
  3. WTBPvpTLP New Member

The raid with bloodlust would obviously win.
  4. yerm Augur

No, and go away. Your smug replies and dismissals are pathetic. You claim the raid leaders are bad? The officers leading include original foh, former and current ROI, and various top tlp guilds. They are not "bad leaders" for telling people they need to use 7th on a dps race, EVERYONE SHOULD USE IT ON A DPS RACE and the problem is many folks do not have it and cannot have it. Put time in? This isn't a camp, a grind, even a grueling BIC level chase quest. This is unattainable. Selo will be live LONG before a new account has it.

Everything you posted after this reply to me just seems to cement an impression I get that you are not a competitive player or at least one in any kind of vet enabled environment. There is just no way you play in a guild that races for ow content where 7th is possible, or races against ROI etc for new expac firsts. Am I wrong?
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

I mean if anyone says you can offset vet aa rewards then yes, they are wrong.
  6. Hadesborne Augur

No, No. he said one raid with SOLID dps toons. This must be assumed that he meant Monks or zerkers because....revamp BS. Again, it was my goal to poke holes in his logic and We have already seen multiple ways his (you never can win without 7th) logic can be undone. It isn't AND HAS NEVER BEEN a magic "I win" button. I will argue that having better gear and skills is much more valuable. Again, logic. It would need changing if some raid full of naked/low geared fools were somehow able to beat a superior skilled/geared force. THEN we would be able to have a real conversation. Until this happens, your talk about it being OP is hot air.

You don't get to have the same toys as I do when I have played longer. You will eventually get there. Until then, suck it up buttercup. Also, I already raced vs OW targets long before you even played this game, so don't attempt to establish some kind of high and mighty attitude when you are just using the tactics that WE discovered originally. You obviously haven't earned it yet, and just don't understand what that means.
    Aneuren likes this.
  7. Machen New Member

Don't be absurd. If you have two raid forces, with equal gear, skill, class balance, one with 7th and the other without, the one with 7th will win every single time. It quite literally is an "I win" button.

And by the way, I would be extremely pissed off if they took 7th away or didn't let me use it. I am not in favor of changes here. But let's not pretend it isn't a signficant advantage to have it.
    That0neguy likes this.
  8. Aneuren Tempered Steel

In all the time I played competitively, I never saw two equally geared, skilled, and balanced raid forces that were able to mobilize equally quickly. Ever. Let's not let other players legitimize some mythical beast as the reason why this ability needs to be looked at.
  9. Machen New Member

I don't think it needs to be looked at. But the fact is, players that don't have it are at a severe competitive disadvantage. It is false to say, as many are in this thread, that you can make up for that in other ways--skill, gear, class balance--because all those things are equally available to the players who have 7th. At the end of the day, when you've done everything you can to maximize the things under your control, if you are competing against players who have also done those things, 7th will make the difference every time. I am ok with that. There is no need to pretend it isn't true to argue for leaving 7th alone.
    That0neguy likes this.
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Not in favor of change
    Wants out of era changes too stay in so he gets an "I win button"
  11. Machen New Member

Yep. It's been this way on every TLP so far, I am fine with it not changing.
  12. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I know what you are saying, but I disagree with how you are giving their argument that much legitimacy. The fact is, by the time you get to a direct person-to-person comparison of veteran rewards, there are so many other factors that it's largely irrelevant.

The people arguing against sevenths in this thread are inventing a hypothetical player-to-player in a vacuum situation, which almost never happens. They are pretending like only one raid has players with sevenths. They are pretending like this game doesn't have an abundance of other things that accrue over time that lead to power imbalances, pretending like classes aren't severely imbalanced throughout the eras, pretending like this one ability alone will take a naked level one character and allow it to solo OMM or Lethar.

If these players are depending on veteran rewards to succeed, they do not know how to play this game.
    Hadesborne likes this.
  13. That0neguy Augur

Just because something has been a certain way doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed still.
  14. That0neguy Augur

No one said this. You are actually doing the exact thing you are claiming these non existent people are doing by exaggerating it so much on the other side.
  15. taliefer Augur

7 pages in and still noone can seem to give a good argument for pushing these back. people seem to have a problem with a couple of the vet aa's existing AT ALL. thats two different things.

7th and armor have the same effect whether they are made available in gates or ro. and frankly the amount of open world content where these issues would even be a thing is minimal in any of the level 65+ era.
  16. WTBPvpTLP New Member

I honestly am starting to think that the Dev's just sit around and try to come up with ways to get people to leave the game instead of trying to add fun and bring people back to the game.

To target/remove the perks that were given to people who have supported the game for years just seems so bizarre and out of touch with any sense of loyalty or respect for your customers.

This basically promotes RMT on new progression servers since there is no real reason to keep your accounts anymore because Daybreak could careless in you're a veteran to the game on those servers.

PS: PVP TLP please!! I want my friends to come back to EQ
  17. That0neguy Augur

It's because there isn't one.
  18. Machen New Member

It is NOT largely irrelevant. It is certainly not the only factor, but it is by far the biggest factor that relatively similar players otherwise cannot control. If you are one of the top 1% min maxers, you will lose 100% of the time if you don't have it to other 1% min maxers who have it. If you do 75% of what those players do, you will lose 100% of the time to other players who do 75% of what those players do who also have 7th. And on down the line. It is the only factor in the entire game that you cannot do anything to rectify other than wait seven years, and it is a huge factor that makes a difference in a ton of scenarios. The same is true for armor of experience for tanks. Pretending this is not the case doesn't help the discussion.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

This argument doesn't really make sense though once you look at it. The people who supported the game still get the rewards, they still have them on the toons they "supported" EQ with for all those years. But they simply won't get them on new servers before it's in era, and surely those people didn't support the game for all those years because they wanted some future advantage on an unknown server.
  20. neveroom Journeyman

Sheesh people, if you sold your old account suck it up. If you didnt ring them up and get it sorted, just stop whining. Once your at GoD really what content does it change, King/Queen in RSS ?
    I guess Possibly in SoF onwards it might help, but no raid is challenging really on a TLP till then, just seems like sour grapes really. I presume somthing happened on Selos where one guild beat another to something and the excuse was all our acc's dont have veteran aa's because we sell them every new TLP etc . Tough, stop selling accounts and you will have ones with rewards.