Vertical direction bug while mounted

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Casquette, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Casquette Journeyman

If you summon a mount (any mount) while looking upward, or zone while mounted and looking upward, then look forward, you will float forward in a definitively downward direction instead of more-or-less horizontally.

Similarly, if you summon a mount while looking downward, or zone while mounted and looking downward, then look forward, you will have an extra-tough time moving in a downward direction by looking downward unless you change your vertical view orientation much more drastically.

This is true whether you use keyboard keys to look up or down, or use right-click-and-hold mouse movement.

The work-around is you always have to hit your center-view key after summoning a mount, and also after every time you zone while mounted. This resets your mount's vertical orientation so it behaves properly. But we shouldn't have to do that.

Am I missing something? Seems like this bug is so old and should be so obvious to anyone who plays EQ, I don't know why it even needs reported. But it's never been addressed.
    Baldur likes this.
  2. Baldur Augur

Mounting definitely resets your vertical orientation, always has though. You have a different min/max looking up/down on a mount than off it, so I'm guessing that's why it changes. It goes back to neutral from what I can tell, if you were looking all the way up unmounted, when you mount you're back to looking straight forward.

The mounted orientation seems to not save while zoning either, but unmounted does. It always resets back to neutral orientation when mounted and having zoned, which I'm assuming is value 0.

It's very apparent on the knight mounts that have levitation, since a knight can mount instantly.

I've just gotten used to it though and I always zoom in and change my orientation when mounted.
  3. Casquette Journeyman

I play first person view, my vertical view direction does not change when I mount/unmount other than a slight height change. But the baseline vertical orientation sure gets screwed up.