Velium Transmogrifant Patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Runcible, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Runcible Journeyman

From what I read, making a Velium Transmogrifant Patch becomes trival at 255 smithing. When I attempt to combine the ingredients via experiment, I get the message that I'm too low skill to even attempt the combine. My current smith skill is 292. These are the ingredients (1 each) that I'm attempting to combine: Filament Silk Thread, Pliers, Sewing Needle, Velium Chainmail Rings, Velium Heavy Cloth, Velium Infused Leather, Velium Sheet, Velium Smithy Hammer. Anyone have any thoughts on where I went wrong?

Thanks in advance for the advice.
  2. Coagagin Guild house cat

Trivial levels to make and skill level to "learn to make" are a newer wrinkle to EQ tradeskills. Suspect the real trivial level to learn this piece is probably closer to 340 with a skill check at 255 which is why it appears so confusing.

You see the same thing with a few of the ToV type 5 augments as well where you need to be close to 350 to make many of those gems, while needing a much lower skill check to actually make.

- Coag
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

There are plenty of recipes that have a minimum skill requirement going back many years. You appear to have stumbled upon one of them. For example, poisonmaking has a fair number of them to prevent people from skilling up from cheap vendor-bought materials near the top end.

I suspect that the minimum requirement is not much higher than 300, if at all, based on not having heard of this until now (and many people would have at least been at 300 skill for years if they were tradeskillers).

You don't appear to have done anything wrong, just get some more skill-ups before trying again.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea its like those extraplanar bags 15 trival but you need raw 300 skill to make. Whats weird is when i make tov stuff there alot i can make without trophy sometimes i forget to equip it but if i ever do that to making the augs always says im inexperience just find it weird its only on that skill though it looks like.

Andarriel
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

If you're at 292 already, you may just need to get the Trophy and that should bump your skill up high enough to make it. There's also a dropped one is Ssra Temple that is all/all. It drops from Creator, he's not highly camped so you might be able to find him up.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=8779
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This is working as intended.

We want you to have a high skill to create it.

At the same time there are many components and at this phase in the sub-combine tree, I wanted to lower (not eliminate) the chance to loose the components because of failure, so the actual "process" is easy.

I.E. the "lore" reason for the combine to have a high min skill, but low "trivial" is: The process is difficult to understand, so you need a high skill to understand it, but once you understand the process, the actual execution is "easy" (relatively in this case.)
    minimind, Duder, Aanuvane and 2 others like this.
  7. Runcible Journeyman

Thanks for all the input. I can confirm, after bumping my smithing up to 300, that I'm now able to make the patch. With that said I'm now off to find some more Velium infused spider silks to make more Velium leather...8 silks per try is pretty steep. Thanks again and take care everyone.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

Velkators first floor is pretty decent. As is crystal caverns for spiders.
    Elyssanda likes this.