Confirmed Velium pelts are not dropping from intended "critters"

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by ROFL@mycorpse, Jan 9, 2020.

1. blood & gufts Augur

Friend of mine has killed 300+ wurms in GD, and 0 pelts.
  2. Duder Augur

200 kills of mobs that are confirmed to drop them and no pelt?

[IMG]
  3. Duder Augur

Has anyone seen a pelt from the wurms yet?
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

That;s the new wolf. And the bird issue will not effect this. The bird issue is specific to the banestrike design data. The drops design data is looking for that specific race. And there are reports of it dropping.
    That is a specific bug I can look into. It's possible the race of the Wurm changed, so it no longer matches what I had data looking for.

On a side. I increased ore drops in beta and forgot in my previous post. There are many recipes the require velium powder, which in this expansion is NOT a unique drop like some, it is based off of crushing the ore. But wood and pelts are the same, silk is 8X wood and pelts.
    (it looks like this is true... so... I'll fix! )
    Ssdar, Duder, Sancus and 3 others like this.
  5. Nylrem Augur

[/quote]

There are people with 200+ kills and 0 pelts. Also, if you're wanting to take the RNG into account, then you're going to need more like 1000+ kills to see anything informative.
    [/quote]

I frankly just don't believe this, of mobs that actually are dropping the pelts.

Windchill camp last night (because I wanted to compare vs Kael):

a dire wolf: 96 kills, 11 pelts
    a frosted dire wolf: 24 kills, 2 pelts
    a mammoth: 26 kills, 4 pelts
    a restless griffin: 15 kills, 0 pelts

I just flat don't believe someone that says they've killed 200 wolves, and received 0 pelts.

*Edit - well, yes, I do, IF they were in a group, and pelts rolled on, and they were extremely unlucky to win any rolls... BUT, that's not a bug...
    Duder likes this.
  6. Duder Augur

Interestingly enough, because of the need to use ore to make powder, I have found ore the hardest to farm of all the materials and am always short on it compared to all other materials.
    Daedly likes this.
  7. Duder Augur

The desire for ore outside of powder makes me very reluctant to even crush it at all. I feel that if the crushed amount returned were higher, or even had a chance to return 3-6 that it would be more balanced as to the availability of powder and potion materials in previous expansions. Or if dropped ore could drop in higher quantities than 1 per mob when it drops. Unless of course the new design was intended to reduce the availability of potions. Which is okay, but a comment regarding such if that is the case would be appreciated to know.

I say up to 6 because currently crushing ore returns 2 powder. Enough for 2 other potions or 66% what is required to make the Crusader's Tonic (3 powder). The tonics require 3 because I imagine the intention is to limit its use more than other potions based on the availability of materials which is great. However, in RoS the mobs that could drop it dropped up to 4 powder at a time, and it dropped more frequent than the current ToV ore even if you consider ore as 2 powder.

I believe ore crush rates were considered in regards to this, however, I believe that it needs finer tuning and increasing in regards to the availability of potions.
    Kuaamil likes this.
  8. Zerker1231 Lorekeeper

I can confirm after 12 hrs of killing wurms in GD did not get 1 pelt. Also shouldn't kodiaks drop them ? I mean it is a pelt right ?
    Duder likes this.
  9. Natal Augur

I don't know how they generate those numbers, but I am pretty sure they are not accurate. Experience with dropped collectables shows that. Usually those are far from the real drop rates.

As far as pelts are concerned, I usually spend my lesson hunting wolves/mammoths in EW inbetween xp task runs to recover xp lost in raid deaths, and I typically get 1-2 pelts in 30 minutes. Last night I even got 4 in that period. So, if they are claiming 1 drop in 250 kills then whatever is producing their data is flat out wrong. The real number is more like a 5% chance of a drop.
    Duder likes this.
  10. Duder Augur

Problems are many with that system. I assume the same kill could result give results from multiple sources. So one mob could count as as 2+, etc. I have never found any of that information reliable to drop rate. It serves as an indicator that they drop the item, nothing more.
  11. svann Augur

Well, no not exactly. It is a "velium infused" pelt.
    ;)
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You don't believe anyone who has experiences which contradict your own alleged experience. There are even numerous other people in this very thread who have also specifically stated that they have killed more than 200+ mobs which you yourself have said drop them, and they have not gotten any from.
  13. Denial_Sinfae Augur

I have had them drop from mammoths in EW and the drakes 8F ToFS.
    Duder likes this.
  14. Duder Augur

Post the parses. Ill believe them. But I have killed mobs that are confirmed to drop pelts everywhere, and never seen 0/200 no. Gosh forbid I ask for evidence. Those who make those claims have never stated what mobs, where, whether it was 200 of the confirmed pelt droppers or just trash with some wolfs in there, the have said nothing of substance. Can you imagine trying to build a case on that kind of evidence? Devs will investigate it if you can provide convincing evidence that it's worth the time to look into. Help them out. Otherwise, yes, you are wasting their time with your Jboots feeling slower.
  15. Duder Augur

Lol. The days where char names, server name, logs, and time stamps aren't convincing enough evidence!

You're silly
  16. Duder Augur

You've misread, misstated, and/or misunderstood.

What you stated there has never occurred in this thread. Please re-read.
  17. Tharnkiss Journeyman

Alleged... said, without proof, to have taken place or to have a specified illegal or undesirable quality.

It is alleged when you doctor the paperwork.
  18. Duder Augur

And people make allegations when they don't like that I don't give them the spoiler as to what mobs drop them. QQ more? The relevant information to prove that the drop rate is fine was provided. End of story.
  19. Tharnkiss Journeyman

That's why it's a comfirmed bug because your data and opinion is the only one that matters.

Your post are rude sir. Spoilers lol that's your excuse. The data clearly shows that it is a bug. Right next to the post it says confirmed.
  20. Duder Augur

Actually, if you had tracked the post or read any of it you will see that it was confirmed that the drop rate is not a bug. Before it was amended it was labeled "Not a Bug". Only after discussion within this thread was it brought up that mobs that were listed to supposed to be dropping it weren't. Don't throw vitriol at me and not get a defensive response. Take your erroneous pandering elsewhere.