Velium enhanced earring of....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, May 7, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Is the heal and spell damage amounts correct on Velium Enhanced earring of Adroitness/Brilliance/Vigor? They are all listed as 88 spell damage and 88 heal.

Shaded Bauble - 73 Heal 83 Spell damage
    Blood Rage - 87 Heal 97 Spell damage
    Dark Droplet - 85 Heal 85 Spell damage

The 3 dropable raid earrings have different spell damage/heal, shouldn't the tradeskill ones have different amounts as well?
    Cadira likes this.
  2. Cadira Augur

It's sad how random some of the items stats are now. It's like there's hardly any useful patterns anymore.

I mean the security stuff has so much more ac than everything else and only like one point more hdex, it's hard to believe some dps would choose the one point of hdex over 100 ac etc.

And you've got "....of brilliance" with less Mana than the adroitness etc sometimes.

Like 0 thought is put into the item templates and they just sit a monkey down at a chair to randomly fill out some of the numbers instead of giving clear and significant advantages to each class archetype anymore.

Adroitness should have like 40 hdex where security has 30 but more ac, maybe 35 hagi. Brilliance should have 40 Wis/int and significantly higher heal/spell dmg and Mana but lower hp/end etc.

Cotf and rof did a fairly good job if memory serves.
    Sancus, Solliane and Metanis like this.
  3. Monkman Augur

^^^
    Couldn't agree more.

To echo Cadira's post, there really isn't any reason for anyone to take any of the non-security items. I would like them to start going more in the direction of being specifically tailored to the intended classes... ie "of Brilliance" items having large amounts of +spell damage/+healing vs the non-brilliance items etc.
    Metanis, Cadira and Duder like this.
  4. Metanis Bad Company

They told me there would be no math in this game. Just carpal tunnel. Now I'm totally disillusioned. :(
    Zunnoab and Nennius like this.