Fixed Internally Velium Endowed Arcane Staff - Missing Proc Rate Modifier

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sancus, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Sancus Augur

Summary: Velium Endowed Arcane Staff (CoV Raid 2HB) should have a proc rate modifier for its melee proc of 100. Velium Enhanced Arcane Staff (ToV Raid 2HB) did, as has every other caster 2HB for years. As is, the weapon is a DPS downgrade.

The raw item data for Velium Endowed Arcane Staff shows a value for "procrate1" of 0, whereas previous caster 2handers have had a value of 100 in that field.

I ran two ~48 minute parses to confirm that the new staff is proccing at a lower rate. Here is the Velium Endowed Arcane Staff (CoV):
    Test Fifteen in 2849s, 18.08M Damage @6.34K, 1. Sancuse = 18.08M@6.34K in 2849s

During this parse I had 239 Surge of Ice hits, of which 38 were twincasts. 201 / (2849 / 60) = 4.233 procs per minute with the CoV staff.

Next, I ran a parse with the Velium Enhanced Arcane Staff (ToV):
    Test Fifteen in 2854s, 23.23M Damage @8.14K, 1. Sancus = 23.23M@8.14K in 2854s

In this parse I had 357 Surge of Ice hits, a 49% increase in number of hits. 65 were twincasts. 292 / (2854 / 60) = 6.139 procs per minute with the ToV staff.

I wouldn't be surprised if other ToV weapons were also missing proc rate modifiers (when this occurred in TBL, a number were missed), but this is the only one I've tested.
  2. Sancus Augur

This was not fixed in the 3/10 patch. The notes indicated the Velium Threaded Arcane Staff was adjusted, though the data for that looked good from the beginning.
    Kragin011 and Duder like this.
  3. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Hopefully this can get some attention in the April patch? In the expectation that we will use the threaded staff instead of the newer endowed staff indefinitely???
  4. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Any chance we can get an update on this QA in progress? Last we checked, the new endowed staff was operating below the previous enhanced staff, causing us to not be able to upgrade staves...