Fixed Internally Velious Othmir Prexus Totem Quest Bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Hutarx, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Hutarx New Member

This is on Aradune, I am attempting the Othmir Prexus Totem quest in Cobalt Scar and here is the quest text from the quest giver:
    Bloogy Shellcracker says 'The rarest treat I can prepare for my people is saucy salted seadragon steak. I wish to barter for some water dragon or sea dragon meat, saltwater seaweed, and fish eggs. The rest of the ingredients are collected locally by our collectors.

I handed her Water dragon meat, saltwater seaweed and fish eggs. The first time she accepted the seaweed and fish eggs but handed back the water dragon meat. Subsequent hand ins return all 3 items to me stating Bloogy has no need for them. I submitted a petition and they requested I file a bug report.
    Barton, Gabbo and Skuz like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

3. Boze TLP complaint factory

4. Gabbo New Member

Also having the same issue on Aradune -

1 Water Dragon Meat
    1 Saltwater Seaweed
    1 Fish Eggs

No success on turn-in attempt. Just spits back all 3 items.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Sounds like a "bad state" npc thing I have seen before with other quest npc's in the past.

Best try this right after a monthly patch until the devs can figure out if this is in fact bugged or not & fix it if it is.
    Hutarx likes this.
  6. GNOME_POWER Augur

I got Sea Dragon Meat the other day, so I did a quest and get a Othmir Prexus Totem.
    (I've done this many times.)

If I have Water Dragon Meat available, try the quest.
  7. rulaku New Member

This issue is still happening. I can't do the turn in with water dragon meat.
  8. rulaku New Member

Safest thing to do is wait for a raid force to move through and have a pick spawn. Was able to turn in the water dragon meat on a fresh pick where the main pick was giving things back to me
  9. Bedara New Member

I tried this with water dragon meat yesterday, about an hour after the servers came up, and it still did not work. If I turn in water dragon meat, fish eggs, and saltwater seaweed at the same time Bloogy responds that she does not need that item. If I try to turn each item in individually, on each item the system states that items for this quest must be turned in at the same time...which leads me to believe they are the correct items.
  10. Boze TLP complaint factory

So I've done this quest with both Sea and Water dragon meat on Aradune. Tried first night on Mischief with Water Dragon Meat, he ate it, and I got this from CS (emphasis mine):

Greetings Traveler,

I started adding the items to your character's Item Overflow window. Use the command /itemoverflow to open the Item Overflow window to retrieve your items, they should appear within the next 30 minutes. The quest items were returned as a one time exception.

It appears that the quest will not accept Water Dragon Meat for this quest.

I've reported this to our QA and Development Teams for review. We kindly ask that you bear with us as they investigate this issue further, and work towards any necessary fixes.

I'm afraid I don't have an ETA on that for you at this time, but please keep an eye on the official forums (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq) as well as the patch notes (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?forums/game-update-notes-live.9/) for further information as it becomes available.

Additionally, the bug report section of the forums can be found here: http://www.everquest.com/bugs
    I would suggest filing a report in that section as well to further elevate awareness, as other players that may be similarly impacted can chime in and up-vote the issue. Instructions can be found here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/how-to-report-and-upvote-bugs.260061/

I do apologize that we don't have a CS-based solution for you. Once the bug is detected, we hope to see it corrected at the development level as soon as humanly possible.

If you have any other in-game issues we can assist you with in the meantime, please feel free to submit another petition at your convenience.

How do I report a bug in EverQuest?
    Sincerely,

Senior GM Woebot

But I did the turn-in with Water before? Can we have a dev look at the quest? Bloogy clearly says he accepts Water Dragon Meat:
    Bloogy Shellcracker says 'The rarest treat I can prepare for my people is saucy salted seadragon steak. I wish to barter for some water dragon or sea dragon meat, saltwater seaweed, and fish eggs. The rest of the ingredients are collected locally by our collectors.