Velious Locked TLP Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Yovani, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Yovani New Member

This is a forum post with the idea of EverQuest releasing a Velious locked TLP server. I feel like a Velious locked server will be beneficial so people don’t have to worry about future expansions lvl increases etc. A lot of players I feel run into the issue of grinding and end up cancelling their membership because they can’t find the time to grind.

Make it a true box TLP server (2 total) that locks at Velious and people won’t worry about grinding constantly with the release of new expansions. Bring back old items (manastone, guise, etc) for a limited time and follow the original timeline up to Velious.

The biggest reasons for this: QoL, max Lvl 60, original timeline, etc. It allows people who played the game back in the day and currently to explore everything the original game, Kunark, and Velious had to offer, without the worries of grinding exp gear and content.

Please leave your thoughts/comments and let them know you want this. If it happens, I would join and pay for a membership again in a heartbeat and have a feeling others would too.

Thanks!
  2. Treeconix Elder

Would be deader than a doorknob.

There's nothing to explore in Classic-Velious. It's been explored millions of times. It's old and worn out. There's a reason why they are releasing TLPs that are flying over these expansions as quickly as possible. People don't want to do them any more.
    HighSpawnRate, Xhartor and Appren like this.
  3. Enuen Journeyman

There already is a Velious-locked server: Project 1999 - Classic Everquest
    And a Pop-locked server: Agnarr
    Please explain why we need another expansion-locked server taking up resources in perpetuity.
    Fenthen and Appren like this.
  4. Until We Felt Red Augur

I feel like this could be trolling, but in case it isn't... Velious is easily the worst expansion to be locked to in EQ history. Every TLP, Velious is where most people dip out before returning for Luclin/PoP. It'd be DOA.
    Xhartor and Appren like this.
  5. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

Hop on Agnarr if you want to experience a locked server. It is permanently at LDON. You will only have to gain 5 more levels from the level 60 cap you refer to. How much of a grind would that be, almost nothing at all. Plus after capped, you can put the additional exp you are getting into AAs.
  6. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

This is the best option. There is relatively no interest in a Velious locked server. The best alternative would be either p99 if you really cannot stand Luclin/PoP or Agnarr if you want all the modern QoL upgrades that come with an official TLP server. I can appreciate the sentiment in asking for this, but I just don't think it will ever happen.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Xhartor Augur

This has to be trolling, anyone who has played through Velious on recent TLP is aware of how awful the expansion in a TLP format.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. jeskola pheerie

Velious introduces too much modern content. If I wanted that I would just play live! Classic-locked server please!
    Treeconix likes this.
  9. Treeconix Elder

It's been 20 years. Efreeti still locked down by bots. They now have more GEBs than the Federal Reserve has gold.
    jeskola likes this.
  10. Chopsuey Augur

I honestly don't see how anyone couldn't keep up in levels with most tlp's, excluding the rare faster unlock ones. You have 2-3 months per expansion. And multiple consecutive expansions with no level increases.
    If you are looking for a tlp where the people who would want to play there only play a few hours a week, you're never going to see another player. Good luck building a group with those types of players.
  11. Treeconix Elder

24 weeks to get from 50-60
    24 weeks to get from 60-65
    36 weeks to get 65-70
    20 weeks to get 70-75

If a person cannot get to at least SOF while keeping up with levels then TLPs are just not for that person. They are accelerated for a reason. That's the target audience. If you can't do that just accept you're not a part of the target audience and join a live server.
  12. Kirikap New Member

I think if they offered free server transfer to any server that's in PoP or later, and then from Agnarr to any server in OOW or later, that could be a fun niche. Or even not free, just something you pay 29.99 for or whatever.