Velious Bugs/Needed fixes thread!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jaime Lannister, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Obsessed Journeyman

The named drakes in the Halls of Testing section of the Temple of Veeshan zone have an excessively long respawn time. As they don't have MoTM they are easy for small teams to kill while farming armor in HoT. (These drakes do not drop armor, they are just killed as they are there.)

This has lead to a situation where several guilds are able to kill Dozekar the Cursed for Tears (he is quite tame now) but Symbols and Orbs to complete quests are not available.

I believe Darkwind/Tempus have several Orbs/symbols banked from when TOV was instanced so this may not effect them as much as it will other guilds on Lockjaw, Ragefire and open world on Phinny.

Could we implement one of the following solutions:
    1. Add MoTM and increase spawn rate: small groups can still kill if they need symbols. or,
    2. Add MoTM to make them less palatable to people just there for armor. or,
    3. Drastically increase spawn rate as these are killed by 6 man groups.

These mobs do not have the HP to be a valid or contested dps race at them moment so someone who needs the drop can not contest it unless they are poop socking on a spawn point.

They do not drop armor for Skyshrine quests, they are there to complete the Hall of Testing Quests. As such a mechanism to improve the chances of Dozekar capable guilds actually completing the quests would be great. (Guilds that kill Dozekar are generally also busy killing other raid targets and as such are rarely in a position to put a force in place for non motm drakes.)

On Phinny the long respawn on open world drakes will mean that even if they snipe Dozekar on the way through to NTOV in an Raid instance they will have to sacrifice significant time in order to also clear drakes.
  2. Prathun Developer

The merchant list requirements for Celestial Cleansing and Divine Glory were changed in data on April 22nd. This was after the April update and before the May update, so these changes are not on Live servers yet. We generally aim to update on the third Wednesday of each month, though this is not necessarily guaranteed as the date may need to be moved for a variety of reasons.
  3. Jaime Lannister Augur

Can definitely agree that the HoT named Drakes are super annoying to get a hold of. I believe their respawn is much longer than Dozekar which is odd as Doze's pieces should be the hard part of this quest. Wasn't so bad when ToV had Load Balancing enabled (Still not sure why this was changed), but it's become a big PITA now.

Thanks Prathun.
  4. Qelyn Augur

It was done because F you, that's why!

P.S. I miss you. Please come to Phinny.
  5. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

I'm still pretty confident this was to prevent people moving to specific places in one instance and just picking back over to avoid having to fight key mobs when getting to other areas. IMHO the far better solution would be to prevent a direct pickzone to the main instance, but rather force a zone out and zone back in to get there. but honestly no clue how difficult that would be to include in their current code.
  6. TheTick Journeyman

Who needs pick zones when we got instances?

oh... Opps ....sorry Ragefire...
  7. Deadliest Journeyman

What if I told you that pickzone is instances ?, anyways do u get to make instances of non raid exp zones on phinigel ?
  8. TowerDefense Augur

Yes, they are called pickzones.
  9. Obsessed Journeyman

Pick zones do not exist for ToV, it is a non-load balancing zone. (This includes Phinigel).

You are on Phinigel, please understand that you will not get very many Dozekar quests completed if your guild is clearing NTOV in an instance unless you are in one of the 3-4 guilds with the fire power to split off to kill Dozekar while the main force does Ikatiar, eashen and starts Aaryonar.

The open world drakes are 3 day spawns. AoS/OGC/IVAS etc will complete quests, the other 9+ raiding guilds are not going to enjoy HoT quests without internal compromise.

The request was to help you guys!
  10. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

This is from Gnomore, a mage in BW:

Hope this can all be fixed by unlock please.
  11. Obsessed Journeyman

2.5 day lockout is a ton of time to do all of ToV. If all HOT named drakes do not pop in TOV and they maintain the same open world spawn rate then the only people completing Dozekar Tear quests will be those that can perma camp drakes for several weeks in the Open world. (You will need a ton of patience with an up to 3 day spawn time..)
  12. bodes Augur

How many people did IVAS get from Intrepid Syndicate? As a raid size they would have fallen in the 5th-8th guild range before that poach. Did they really get enough people to become the 3rd largest guild?
  13. Obsessed Journeyman

I was in the raid for IV's first Vulak kill on live (5th guild to kill) on a brand new server. I assumed that they were still capable of such feats. If not I apologise for over hyping them!

In the meantime, drakes in HoT die to any random 3-6 people preventing open world raids getting symbols for HoT quests.
  14. Holybeard Journeyman

Yelinak is currently giving only 1/10th of the faction hits that he should. Compare to king tormax or dain faction hits. Should give 750 not 75. He was giving the correct faction hits initially, I believe this broke in a recent patch.
  15. Prathun Developer

The data looks okay for Koi`Doken. Tested killing him in the instance and received the lockout. Also, I killed all the lords and ladies and Aaryonar while Thylex was up and Vulak spawned for me. I believe this will work correctly when Phinigel unlocks Velious.

Most of the named drakes in the Halls of Testing have an initial delay of 0-20 hours before they spawn. Casalen was the only exception. We can't easily change the way this works without changing the base zone. We'll look into this further.

Confirmed that the Crusaders were not spawning in the Skyshrine instance. We'll look into this further.
    PathToEternity and Obsessed like this.
  16. Lawyer Augur

Any chance you'd look at a couple major issues with Mages right now?

First, the stun on our Epic Pet is ridiculously high in generating aggro/threat, making the pet worthless in a large number of encounters. It's essentially a "solo only" pet.

Second, the Mitigation of the Mighty debuff should be reconsidered for Velious. These encounters are generally not "pet-wallable" due to raid mobs (1) massive damage output, raid (2) extreme number of hitpoints, and (3) AEs.

In terms of damage, Magician pets are laughable DPS on MotM raid mobs. We are out-DPSed by Shaman summoned pets (Shaman summoned pets not being affected by MotM.) In fact, on an AoW fight with a moderate number of mages and necros, Shaman summoned pets were doing 2-3 times the overall DPS of Mage pets.

In terms of resists, with the negative resist adjustment from MotM, some pets aren't even worth casting because they never resist an AE and are dead within ~20 seconds.

No other DPS class has to deal with such a severe penalty for having other members of the same class on their raid.

I'm not asking for Mage pets to go back to the way they were. I'm simply asking that you take a fresh look at the balance on this class.
    Adonhiram likes this.
  17. TheTick Journeyman

This is scary...if the instance will not include all of the HoT named, these quests in HoT will not be available and thats going to be a really big deal. I really hope this goes in for the May patch and we don't need to wait until June/July..or...never.
  18. Prathun Developer

Checked the changelogs and modern Yelinak's faction_modifier has never been changed.
    The Yelinak from the original dataset of Skyshrine did have 10x the faction hit, but Skyshrine's been in the new dataset since November 2002. Or should be. If you did see a huge faction hit from Yelinak recently, then the zone was in the wrong dataset.
  19. taliefer Augur

seems like yelinak should give a much bigger faction hits than 75 for killing him. seems kind of odd it would be changed 2 years into velious to begin with.
  20. bodes Augur

Is this true with no named drakes in HOT instance? Seems broken because there'd be no point in killing Dozekar if you can't finish the quests...