@Velious Boss HP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheTick, May 30, 2016.

1. Gandolfinidagreat Journeyman

You all need better gear, resists and players then. Last night FI did Lady Nev in, I want to say, 11 minutes and Vulak in 16.
  2. Nerf Herder Lorekeeper

Yeah but you guys have 130+ people right?
  3. Lifetap Augur

No my Darkwind Friend, we usually have about 70 in the raid for ntov.

While Lady Nev is the most annoying of the velious raid targets, none of the velious end game content requires more than a full raid. While we had more than a full raid on our first attempts, I strongly believe that some basic in era gearing from the easier targets and strategy can make every encounter doable with 1 full raid or even slightly under a full raid. And this I believe is what DBG's goal is all along.

I suspect that those that are incapable of completing content in reasonable time frames are either using poor raid tactics, have horrible raid compositions(I'm not even talking spec ops tier min/maxing here, just well balanced raid compositions), are under geared, or have players that are severely under performing.
  4. -wycca Augur

We played with a low # AoW recently, he can be done with sub 50, and I suspect 40-45 with some heavy gearing. He's probably got the highest # requirement of any Velious mob, so all in all, the # reqs aren't nearly as high as some people seem to think. Although fights do get crazy long as you start heading down to min #'s.
    Riley and Ugin like this.
  5. Kiani Augur

Nerf Herder is not a Darkwind member, he's a troll who pretends to be.
  6. Bewts Augur

Haven't seen those numbers since launch on LJ... And even then they weren't really needed, they just sped things up to clear the entire expansion (less ST warders) in less than 24 hours.

I want to say average numbers are in the mid 70's now with around 15-20 monks and rogues.

My guess is you have a combination of poor group builds and sub par players playing DPS roles if your fights are still taking too long.
  7. Bewts Augur

Haven't seen those numbers since launch on LJ... And even then they weren't really needed, they just sped things up to clear the entire expansion (less ST warders) in less than 24 hours.

I want to say average numbers are in the mid 70's now with around 15-20 monks and rogues.

My guess is you have a combination of poor group builds and sub par players playing DPS roles if your fights are still taking too long.
  8. EQForumAcct Augur

You can kill Lady Nev before hall respawns if your DPS doesn't suck and knows what to do.
  9. -wycca Augur

I timed our last kill, it was a bit over 9min. Gear helps speed things up a bit, so I imagine guilds will speed up quite a bit on her as time passes. I think our first kill on launch was around 24min, so it's quite the improvement.
  10. Healiez Augur

A lot of the mobs in velious just have to much hp...

Luclin back in the day showed that, 20+ minute fights are not fun. Its just pure tedium, I feel bad for our poor clerics in the CH rot.

All the velious mobs could use an HP drop. Sure we can go infinite on those mobs with enough warriors and clerics, just because it can be done does not make it enjoyable. Presence of the might making some AE's incredibly difficult to resist, coupled with huge HP pools ( these mobs have more EHP then any PoP mob) makes for some long, boring fights.
  11. Nerf Herder Lorekeeper

This hurts my heart. I wish I wasn't, wish I was on Lockjaw where I could still get a gnome mask, or a scepter of destruction, or a shroud. But, alas I am not, I am instead a member of the wind...the Dark wind.

I don't think the targets have to much HP though, like I linked above even 1700 dps kills Vulak in 18 minutes... git gooder?
  12. Healiez Augur

Sure it may take the top guilds 18 minutes to kill mob XXXX or 10 minutes to kill mob XXXX... but those are the "top guilds"....

Would it make any difference if you killed them in 10 minutes or 5 minutes so other guilds could kill them in 15 minutes or 11 minutes.... banging your head against a mob for 35 minutes is not fun.
  13. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

Then don't!
  14. Nerf Herder Lorekeeper

git gud
  15. Nicorus Elder

I think the fight length and difficulty is mostly fine.

I do really think they need to do a bit of a balance pass for TLP Dps. Monks and rogues doing 4x the dps of other classes because they have been buffed to such an insane degree for this server is an issue I think. They really need to tone down the % melee dps aa that they gave out in august and also tone down the pet dps nerfs on boss fights that they did at that same time.
  16. Adonhiram Augur

Of course he is, I thought it was obvious, see the other thread an innocent person asking peacefully about "the TLP environment" got immediately trolled.
  17. Kiani Augur

Not everyone seems to realise it.
  18. Adonhiram Augur

I know, I know, anyhow, I plead guilty, the more we talk about, the more we feed the troll :confused:
  19. Healiez Augur

This is more a mechanic of how much hp the bosses have as opposed to how much dps other classes do.. If you look at a parser Necros and wizards are right up there with monks and rogues until they run oom.
  20. -wycca Augur

Our necros and wizards have fights that they top on, it varies.