@Velious Boss HP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheTick, May 30, 2016.

1. TheTick Journeyman

Might I suggest upping the damage output and lowering the max HP on some of the Velious bosses.

Vulak/Lady Nev/Vyemm/AoW....they are long and extremely boring fights now that you have more than doubled their HP and also mitigated their incoming damage. Their effective health is now ballpark 5 times what it used to be.

People are literally falling asleep during these fights. For a guild raiding with far less than 72 the fights can take 40-60 minutes each. In an instance with a 6 hour timer do the math, some guilds will not clear Velious who would otherwise be capable without these time constraints.

Check in on a raid doing these mobs sometime, you'll see what I mean. Players are no longer challenged to defeat the mobs with skill...they are challenged to defeat them with caffeine.
    Starr likes this.
  2. Lardon Journeyman

You should've seen those fights before they nerfed the velious raid bosses last month. Now it's not bad, Dozekar goes down in less then 10minutes, Tunare in less then 15 and AoW or Vulak still take 30ish minutes for a full raid force. That's not that terrible man come on, maybe your raid force is too small?

(from Ragefire)
  3. Soon Augur

Medium size guild on phinny = 40-50 raid force

Medium size guild on RF = 100 raid force?

Oh wait. Does medium size guild exist on RF?
  4. Finley Augur

If a guild has the tanks and clerics to fight the mob indefinitely can you really consider the raid force too small? The HP regen and/or total health of these mobs could be lowered a bit without hurting the "integrity" of the encounter.

It's honestly not a BIG deal right now but I imagine after doing it for 19 weeks it will become tiresome.
  5. Kahna Augur

Yeah, if your raid force can survive the first 20 minutes of the fight it is going to survive the last 20. Making that last 20 minutes less of a fight against the mob and more of a fight against boredom.
    Salem likes this.
  6. Kiani Augur

Improving the raid's gear and weaponry will help somewhat, too.
  7. TheTick Journeyman

Prathen, Please just take a look at the effective health of the bosses. When you upped Vulaks HP to 2.5 million you extended the fight longer. When you gave him damage mitigation on top of that you gave him 5x the effective health. Consider the mobs regen as well playing a big factor into the effective health still.
  8. -wycca Augur

Fight lengths are pretty classic. If anything they're all too easy.
  9. Captain Obvious New Member

Hitting on a mob for 50min isnt exactly fun, but i agree the mobs arent "hard".
    With optimization you can prob lower fight length to 30mn ? maybe less.

I'm curious, how long does it takes AoS to kill Lady Nev ?
  10. Extra Extra Lorekeeper

Lady Nevederia on 5/22/2016 in 1094sec

Total
    --- DMG: 932500 @ 852 sdps (852 dps in 1094s) [100%]
    --- DMG to PC: 506558 @463dps
    Under 20 minutes isnt too bad for a nev fight. Things will only get faster too as we havent had very many weapon drops.
  11. Bewts Augur

On LJ, I think our First Lady Nev's were in the 25 min range?

I don't think it's changed much since which is more a result of the inability to reliably resist spin the bottle even with capped resists.

This all goes back to the blanket change to resists via potm that doesn't consider debilitating effect resist checks makes certain encounters significantly longer than they should be.

Hell, in my opinion Vyemm is easier than lady Nev.
  12. EQForumAcct Augur

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  13. Riley Augur

Lady Nev is the biggest offender on this list.

For all you instance-farming folks, just be glad you don't have to also contend with ill-timed trash respawns in the middle of the encounter.
  14. Machen New Member

Working as intended, those were long fights back in the day too. I remember original Vulak taking around an hour and melees would afk with autoattack on.
  15. Rovell Elder

Our first Lady Nev fight took 27 minutes. Our second took 18 minutes. We learned a lot the first fight and made some changes the following week. We don't raid with 72, we average low 60's. A lot of it is gear and finding ways to increase your guild's DPS output. We spent a lot of time Week 1 gearing up our guild in WTOV/ETOV armor. It's helped a lot. The only X-Factor fight in NTOV is Lord Vyemm. That fight can go a whole lot of wrong very quickly. Everything else is predictable and steady.
    Ugin and Sophism like this.
  16. MabbuPhinny Augur

I feel asleep when Vulak was at 18% - ish. Woke up during loot being done.

Not looking forward to Vex Thal or Emp.
  17. Bewts Augur

Vulak is definitely a melee afk type fight. Cures speed it up, and so do those caster staffs with the insane proc rates.

Vyemm is about positioning for the tank and healers (and pumps) mostly. Haven't seen a "clean" fight yet due to the fling putting gaps on heals. The time switching from a dead tank to a new one can chew up DPS classes fast if you're not quick; that can make the fight a lot closer than it should be. There's a decent niche to cast CH from, but you gotta get yourself flung up there first, and it's subject to ranging due to call of the zero.

Lady Nev is by far the most dreaded encounter in all of ToV; it's not hard, just annoyingly long and it shouldn't be.

Sont used to be dicey to start, but he's been pretty clean for a while once you position the raid in a certain shape and find a way to bury slow from his dispels. Same theory as Vyemm applies, feared / dead tanks can chew DPS up fast making the fight closer than it should be.

Kland is a push over, almost as easy as Zland and they both fear. This is a result of lower HP more than anything else.

CT is stupid easy with his fling; just need to find the right spot.

They could realistically tune the HP better on some of the mobs with debilitating effects without having to change potm and it should solve some of the problems.

Will they? Unlikely because guilds are generally clearing the mobs despite the issues discussed.

I think anyone in ToV would be happy if they simply addressed Lady Nev to either lower HP or adjust the resist check on spin stun.
    Sophism likes this.
  18. yukan Augur

The vast majority of mobs this expansion have been nerfed into oblivion already. Lady N, Lord V and the AoW are the only remotely difficult fights, and even saying that is a stretch with exception of Lord V, who is a monster. Most of Velious is just a complete joke with how easy it got tuned. Please, please, please do not make the only challenging fights trivial.
    Sophism likes this.
  19. Kahna Augur

They are already trivial, but now they are trivial and unnecessarily long.
    Riley likes this.
  20. Nerf Herder Lorekeeper

Are you serious?

No fight in Velious is taking 30 minutes.....

Vulak`Aerr in 1092s, 1932k @1769sdps

Little over 18 minutes.

If it's taking you 30 minutes, you might want to figure out why. 1700 dps is also garbage.
  21. Lardon Journeyman

your pills...