Not A Bug Vanity ACH bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Vumad, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

I recently got the heroes forge so the only vanity I have completed atm is frostfell and I wore the full set for a while .

But I just got a few slots of the EoK Raid ornaments Tsaph Katta Cloth. I equipped them and stuck them back into my bag and they are showing incomplete. I thought maybe a zoning issue or something but no, that's not it.

While I have the ornament equipped it shows the completed check in the slot, for example, the robe slot. But when I remove the ornament, it unchecks the box.

Pretty sure there is some sort of bug happening here. This is not intended, right? If I want to equip them and then destroy or put in house or whatever I should be able to. Is this all or nothing an intentional design? It would seem that you can only complete the ACH if you equip every slot at the same time and you get no credit for anything you equipped and removed, unless you complete the entire ACH at once.
  2. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

Not a bug. It has always worked that way. The game checks for each piece while its worn. You need to collect the entire set and equip it all at once for the achievement. The devs have posted it is a limitation of the game.

It works the same way in quests as well for achievements. For example Gem collector from the Seeding frenzy mission in underfoot. You need to collect 5 gems for the achievement. When you have them on you it gives a check mark, but when they arent it unchecks. You need to have them all at once to have the achievement finished.
    Vumad likes this.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

Thanks for the info. Now I know to unload onto an mule until I have a full set. There are just way too many to keep them all.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

Also I don't think this is a game limitation. The hats say obtain and obviously you can not wear them all at the same time. The sets say equip and you can wear them at the same time. This has to be a design choice and not a game limitation. I certainly don't agree with it, but it's not up to me. I appreciate that now I know to not attune until complete.
  5. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

That's also 1 slot as opposed to 7 slots. It's a lot less resources for those hats. There are only a dozen or so of those hats for only 1 slot to be remembered. The other slots would have to check 7 slots and keep it its memory the hundreds or so items across 7 slots x amount of characters in the game. You may have noticed that the game doesn't run flawless in the memory department. So i believe it is a limitation of the game if you want the servers to work.

I may be wrong and off base on the reasoning. I know a dev commented recently about needing to have them all equiped at once. I cant seem to find the post now. I dont know if he gave a reason as in its not feasible, or they dont have it in the code or any other reason in between.
  6. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger