Fixed Vanishing key

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Yinla, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just took my key of beast out the bank and it vanished!

Off to farm another one I guess.
  2. Knifen Augur

Before you do that do /key see if it keyed for you automatically. It should now bring up a key ach but it should be in there.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Shouldn't make any difference. Why would a key vanish that I have had for 20 years suddenly vanish?
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. theonepercent Augur

Because that's how they decided to implement the new system.

[Tue Dec 07 16:19:49 2021] Hole Key vanishes as you commit its details to memory.

Haven't tested it yet but I really hope tradable keys don't do this.
  5. Herf Augur

When we login after the patch all our keys are added to the new Achievement Keyring, and the keys in the bank or in our inventory are poofed. Also there's a guildwide announcement for each toon that says what the new achievements achieved are.

However, if one has more than about 8, maybe 9, keys, no messages are generated and it seems that some of the keys are left in the bank.
  6. verbatim Elder

Looks like they were trying to eliminate guilds cycling tradable keys between each other to key into an area (on the free trade servers).
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Lots of complaints that they are not working right. Some are added and some are not. Some are announced and some are not
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

we started another post about this. but so have others

wish we could get them all under one post
  9. verbatim Elder

Yeah my ST key is still in my inventory, and my sky keys were not transferred over by the looks of it.
  10. Herf Augur

Check your /key UI, "Island of Sky Keys", click on it and it will show which keys got converted.
  11. Fenl Bard

For most servers/keys this would most likely be a welcome change as it just frees up bank space.

However for tradable keys, Especially on a free trade random loot server this seems like a terrible change.

Zherozsh's Key, and Zazush’s Key come to mind as being recent examples, those keys were incredibly hard to get because they dropped off "rare" creatures. Being able to pass them around was incredibly helpful.

Has anyone had a Ring of the Shissar poof? those are actually something people would wear for the focus and stats. I can't remember if there are later keys that are like that.

I keep a bag of plane of sky keys in the bank just to help out people that needed to farm items there for epic etc. would hate to lose those.
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Herf Augur

Those will be added to your keyring and poof from your bank the next time you login.

As for keys designed to be individual, i.e. VT key, passing them around seems like an exploit. Arguably it's the toon that's 'keyed', not just the generation of an item key. Like a biometric device.

Regarding Ring of the Shissar, I just checked and I still have mine, so it's not deleted (thank god.)
  13. Fenl Bard

They are still in my bank they won't poof until I try to pick them up as a fellow guild mate found out.

Keys like Sleepers, VP, VT, Time were no trade on FV/Mischief to begin with. So no exploit there. Almost all(keys like time being an exception) of the components to make the keys before the final hand in/combine were fully tradeable.

I have no problem with no trade keys with no stats proofing but the ones that were tradable before poofing now kinda sucks. I not sure if this was intentional change or an unintended side effect that couldn't possibly of been tested on test server due to lack of free trade ruleset.
  14. Herf Augur

Ahh I see. I had them in my bags on my toon and they did poof.

Another point: I had a Scepter of Shadows on my SHM but hadn't keyed in to VT ever to get it added to the key ring. I ran over and keyed into Open World VT, got notified of the key achivement, but still had the key in my bag in my General inventory. But when I picked it up it poofed.
  15. Tutankamen Augur

Yes ... I'm flag out angry about this. I had a bunch of keys on my character and when I logged in they vanished. I didn't permit that action... I'm on FV - even if this were a change that was supposed to be implemented we weren't warned about this in advance to even place the keys on the characters we may have wanted them on. What gives? I want my keys back.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I had all of my keys in a bag in my bank, none of them poofed.
  17. Fenl Bard

They don't poof till you try to take them out.
    Silvena, Fenthen and Mukkul like this.
  18. Fenl Bard

19. Tutankamen Augur

I don't think some of the people that don't play on FV get what's going on here. This is a problem that will mainly affect FV most of all- which apparently they simply didn't even think about before doing this change. You can trade keys on FV. Which means if you happened to loan a key to a buddy or give it to your alt that you never use to get them in somewhere, when they log in THEY will get the flag, and the key will disappear. Basically screwed everyone over on the entire server.
  20. Fenl Bard

*Cough* Mischief and Thornblade *cough*

If you had it on your keyring before the change you still get the achievement if it was in your inventory or not. So it's not game breaking in that regard.

P. S. Random loot is fun and all till you need something specific. So any of these keys that droped off "a rare creature" just got several orders of magnitude harder to get. We had to skip high priest and creator first week of ssra because we just couldn't get the dang key to drop. Luclin is basically done now but I am sure other situations like this will happen in future if this remains unchanged.
    Fenthen, Mukkul and Tutankamen like this.