Vanilla OG Returns... what happened to my server?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tovya Der`Dieb, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Tovya Der`Dieb New Member

Hi guys, Tovya Der`Dieb here. First, I'm new to these forums, as I'm coming back after a loooong time (left when DAoC came out) but I started playing EQ the day they hit the shelves oh so long ago! Second... while waiting for all the files to be verified, I decided to look at the server list... what happened to the Veeshan server and all the Rage Veeshan guys? o_O

Just curious if any of ya'll are still out there, and what server you're on, would love to reconnect!
  2. Prathun Developer

3. Metanis Bad Company

EQ died when Veeshan server disappeared. It's been just a corpse on life support ever since then. How in the H do you even pronounce Luclin?
    Yimin, Brohg and Tovya Der`Dieb like this.
  4. Tovya Der`Dieb New Member

5. Numzan Augur

Welcome back, if not some maybe retired, and or on TLP servers. I found a few from the old 99, 2000 days. It brought back memories.... Put a huge smile on my face knowing that people didn't all disappear.
  6. Nniki Augur

Definitely luck-lin.
    Leigo likes this.
  7. Metanis Bad Company

We normally say loose-lynn
    Winnowyl and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  8. Brohg Augur

loo klin
  9. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

Yes
    kizant and Nniki like this.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

When they finally included an actual voice track saying the name of Norrath's hidden moon in the game they seem to have taken a page out of Rooster Teeth's RvB book and used the opposite way to say it that everyone used.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

Blast from the past time here. Back in the day (lots of days ago), the EQ folks would hold a roll out party at a local mall here in the San Diego area. At the one for the Luclin expansion party they were pronouncing it "Luck-lin". It seemed a bit odd then and still does to me. Having said that, it was fun to meet and greet some of the devs and artists that were standing around signing packages. All very nerdy looking back on it, but still quite fun.
    Prathun likes this.
  12. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

This is how I use to pronounce it.

I think a Dev confirmed this is the proper pronunciation.
  13. Nniki Augur

14. jeskola pheerie

There is no K, therefore it is Loose-Lynn.

I am glad to see a Vanilla OG return... I myself am a Peanut Butter Chocolate OG.
  15. kizant Augur

It's Luck-lin because Loose-lynn is extremely silly.
    Caell likes this.