Vaniki: Level-based achievement availability

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by NameAlreadyInUse, Jun 27, 2022.

1. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Are these always available to anybody who starts a new toon on the server at any time? Or are they only available "in-era"?

I.e., once new expansions open and level caps increase, can you still get the previous achievements or is it too late? Did you have to start at launch to get all the rewards?
  2. Skyp New Member

From what we've been told so far:

- You can go back at any time to redo the achievements, you just have to be within the level limit of the achievement.

- You are unable to have high levels carry you through the achievements - IE you can not have a level 120 run a level 40 through the Cazic Thule achievement. This check is done the moment the instance is grabbed, however there is a safeguard in place that if a level 40 zones in and accidently hits level 41, that the achievement is still OK. I think if they were to gain 2 levels, the achievement maybe disqualified. For Riftseekers achievement, because its open world, theres a check on the agro list to see if a higher level character is on it.

- For the achievements that contain only one claim per achievement, you can theoretically get multiple claims on the same account, if you clear the achievement with a different character.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Thank you for the quick answer!

So it sounds like it would be possible to get the achievements, but it also sounds incredibly unlikely once the average population has leveled up. In another month, it will probably be very difficult to field a competent raid of lvl 40s.
  4. Vicus Augur

Correct, so best solution is to join the server and do it in era:)
  5. Xeris Augur

It doesn't seem very bad tbh. Leveling is stupid fast. I feel like it'd be pretty easy in 1 year to get a group of friends, take 5 hours to lvl to 40, twink yourself out in baz gear that's gonna be way better than what current lvl 40's are wearing, and go slay CT, for example.

I mean it'd require a group of people who want to do that, but it'd be doable.
  6. Barton The Mischievous

I would not be surprised if we see some level 40 twink carries later on.
  7. MischiefTLP Augur

Starting Aug 3, a level 60 can be level 40.
  8. Morrigan Bowjobs

So I wonder how shrouding will work. The check is when the instance is pulled. So, I can shroud down while the instance is pulled. Then after just remove it to jump up to my normal level.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Depends. Some things, like LDoNs, will tell you you no longer meet the requirements for the zone if you try to pull shrouding tricks like this. I'm wondering if a high level could just gate out at 1-2% and drop the DZ to satisfy requirements.
  10. Stix Man Elder

If a high level zones into a dz, it becomes tainted and when the target is killed later, it will look for that check and it will not award the achievements if a high level toon had zoned in at any point in time.
  11. Stix Man Elder

For rss, the raid mobs will have a banish mechanic like naggy and vox used to.
  12. Sebbina Augur

Hmm, Intricate defiant maybe Elaborate, and delevel to 55, to do Cragbeast queen- do not see it happening, lol.