Vaniki Info

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jaenisch, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Jaenisch Elder

Are we going to get more info on Vaniki? More about the level requirements for gear and zones?

Any other things being looked at?
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would wager that it is unlikely that we will get more information but if we do it will likely be much closer to the launch. I think this will be similar to last year when people wanted more info about the random loot but nothing was given and players figured it out after launch.
  3. Zansobar Augur

I don't think DPG has figured it out yet.
  4. FranktheBank Augur

Yes, they were just waiting for you to ask. They were holding on the info to themselves waiting, "man someone is gonna make a thread asking about info and BAM, we are ready for it"
  5. Smakk Journeyman

I can see a BUNCH of people hitting max level over the first weekend (Memorial Day EXP Bonus).

But don't AA's start at level 51? So wait 6 weeks until you need to grind again?

Yea, more info is needed...
  6. Thatoneguy666 Elder

There's only about 100 issues with this server that need to be addressed or explained before launch. I'm very much hoping we get some clarity on all of these topics as soon as possible:

MoTM yes/no?
    Can we mem spells at lower levels?
    Will stuns / mez / charm land at all levels or still be capped at the original level limit?
    Which versions of fear and hate will we get at launch?
    Are there adjustments to quest level requirements including epics?
    If so, what are they?
    What are the exact rewards and challenge achievements? On Quarm this was fully explained prior to launch.
    Will achievements be for dz only or open world?
    Will level requirements be removed entirely from gear including rec. Level?
    Will the server get double named spawns or double loot to compensate for the extremely fast progression?

I'm sure there's more. This is off the top of my head
    Jaenisch and Foaming like this.
  7. Thatoneguy666 Elder

And another one:

Will all keying and flagging still need to be done, and related, will the relevant quests be able to be completed at all levels?
    Foaming likes this.
  8. Thatoneguy666 Elder

Also will the tutorial be in at launch?
    Foaming likes this.
  9. HekkHekkHekk Augur

I think dankpaw forget about this server and the 5 people playing on it XDD
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm not a dev but here's ny best guesses for these, for whatever that is worth.

Yes, and I expect MoTM to follow the standard relaxation, however the level-locks might factor in so that the first MoTM is only removed upon level 55 (challenge level) or 65 unlocking.

Original EQ bosses stop using MotM once Gates of Discord has unlocked.
    Kunark bosses stop using MotM once Dragons of Norrath has unlocked.
    Velious bosses stop using MotM once Prophecy of Ro has unlocked.
    Luclin bosses stop using MotM once The Buried Sea has unlocked.
    Planes of Power bosses stop using MotM once Seeds of Destruction has unlocked.

Probably no, though Mezz may perhaps be considered for that.

Good question, I'm not sure how level-capped spell effects will be handled, they could be kept as is & that form a part of the Challenge or the level caps may be increased.

Plane of Hate was revamped in March 14, 2001 during Velious.
    Plane of Fear was revamped in March 14, 2001 during Velious.

Most likely 2.0, though the devs may opt for 1.0 until Level 50 (challenge level) or 60 unlocks.

Yes.
    Likely a relaxation of 10 levels on the quests & any zones needed for them that have minimum level entry.

I have a feeling this will be kept as something for players to discover, and in my opinion ideally we will not find out what the rewards from all expansions are all in one go but only ahead of each unlock, maybe a week or 2 ahead.

Probably just DZ as in Raids. Perhaps some could be tied into the "Hunter" acheivements though.

No, they will be relaxed. This may just be non-weapons since doing so for weapons introduces a lot of class balance disparity.

Increased spawnrate for nameds is very likely I would think, double loot probably not likely due to how much work that would involve. Halved lockout timers are probably more likely.

Most likely a yes.

Levels of quests will be "relaxed" much like zone entry requirements, like I expect Hate & Fear entry level requirement to be lowered down to somewhere between 36-40 from 46.

It should be.

*** Progression Servers ***

- The tutorial will now unlock when Gates of Discord unlocks.
    wade_watts, Thatoneguy666 and Foaming like this.
  11. Thatoneguy666 Elder

Your guesses are only that. Until all of these questions and probably more I'm not thinking of are answered it's hard for anyone to get really interested in this server.

Pretty quickly people start asking "okay so what is this going to be again?" and no one has anything to respond with expect guesses
    Overcast451 likes this.
  12. wade_watts Augur

Tutorial is not open on Mischief in GoD - did that change since the patch notes?
  13. Gormgeous Elder

Skuz likes this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think that's a bug since it should have opened with GoD unlocking according to the patch notes (linked at the bottom of my earlier post above) poster above me linked to the bug report for that.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's a completely fair point, just did my best to help.

I think it's already apparent this will be a server aimed at seeing what achievements players can accomplish during a failry brief journey to the live era. The rest is mostly measures aimed at facilitating that.
  16. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

I want to see guilds actually fail at killing raid targets and forced to farm more, level more, or wait for a new level cap instead of wiping, regrouping, and winning an hour later. It has been so long since most Everquest players have probably heard, "we can't kill it." Vaniki should change that. :D

Even though I will be playing on Yelinak, I am really looking forward to Vaniki streams.
    Zrender and Hirbow like this.
  17. Thatoneguy666 Elder

Another one I forgot earlier that is very important: Will bards be able to use Fading Memories on an expanded level limit, or just the normal level limit?

If that isn't changed, bard pulling is essentially dead for the entire server.
  18. Kalipto Augur

Will casters get access to spells earlier than normal? If not, melee could easily be 2-3x more dps than any caster. Just adjusting resists doesn't make much difference. Imagine being a necro, locked at level 60 and your best dot is 300 damage per tick. Meanwhile melee theoretically have access to TSS weapons with ratios that are many times better than what they'd normally have.

Healers will have an interesting time too. If a tank managed to get geared up in the latest expansions gear, they'd have 2-3x the health of a normal character. If healers don't have access to the same level of heals they'll be just barely touching the tank HP. Cleric's with CH will be the only heal that has much impact.

How about AA's? Will we have access to those earlier than normal? Guessing not. This one isn't as big of a deal compared to spells.
  19. Alikat Lorekeeper

tutorial is now available on mischief btw, but it wasnt for me like a week ago
  20. Nolrog Augur

Well at least that would be 4 more than on a TLP PVP.
    code-zero likes this.