Fixed Internally Valdeholm issues

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Rasper Helpdesk, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Having some really weird behavior in Valdeholm. In the little houses whenever I try to pass through an internal doorway I lose textures and collision detection. I first discovered it trying to reach Lodigar but it also happens at Seathir, so it isn't a single location. After a bit of experimentation I've isolated the issue to something in field of view as if I stand in the doorway, go 3rd person, and rotate i can trigger it on and off (see image below). Further if I send an Eye of Zomm into the room I get the same issue.

The issue is local to my PC (had a friend log me in, and he ran into the room to get the quest just fine). The issue is independent of character, server, levitation, illusion, mount, UI. I've tried full screen and windowed, disabled gamma, clip plane, pixel shaders, advanced lighting, texture quality, all with no change. I've deleted my local Valdeholm game files and redownloaded. I've run the Validate Game Assets on the patcher. Short of nuking my entire install, I'm out of ideas.

[IMG]
  2. Durris Journeyman

West Bug?
  3. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Direction seems to be irrelevant. I tried getting dragged into the room, after I was rezzed I could turn in place but couldn't target anything via mouse but could assist and nothing responded to hail (as if game thought I was out of range). When I camped out in room and friend logged in, it had moved me to under the world at the center of zone. Just all around weirdness.
  4. GNOME_POWER Augur

How about raising the LOD Bias?
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  5. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

What sorcery is that!? Setting the LOD bias to max allows me to enter the room.
    EQ Dev and Yinla like this.
  6. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

FYI, this wasn't unique to me it seems. I've had two guildmates face the exact same issue, both of which seemed to be fixed by adjusting the LOD Bias, so there is something with the Valdeholm geometry that isn't playing nicely with some setups (maybe particular video cards or some other commonality)
  7. EQ Dev Developer

Internal ticket created to track this issue. Thanks!
  8. Prathun Developer

This should be addressed in the upcoming December update.
    Thanks for letting us know about it!
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Confirmed this is fixed with today's patch, was able to go into both buildings with LOD at min with no issues at all.
    Prathun likes this.