Using Vorpx to play EQ in VR allowed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Montag Augur

2. Laronk Augur

I think it'd be cool. I don't think it'd catch you a ban but it is "third party software"
  3. Hamshire Augur

I always said this game would be an amazing VR game, first person with head tracking, imagine running from a train right on you spamming the space bar and turning your head and seeing the train right in your face, it would be amazing. They could then advertise it with VR, bring in the VR crowd, and market it as the biggest VR MMO.

[IMG]
    Stymie and Sprooce like this.
  4. Demetri Augur

I'd have to insist that the trigger for flying kick on monks being actually trying to do that IRL for the "human cam" hilarity though.

FD including crumbling to the ground would be awesome too, but less hilarious on "human cam".
    Stymie likes this.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Imagine camping Hadden with VR.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No good if you can't touch type.
  7. Stepbrowhatamidoing New Member

They let every other 3rd party program happen, don’t see why not.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

With very few exceptions, 3rd party programs are not illegal in general.
    Its mostly about whether you use them to cheat.
  9. Cainen Augur

To expand on this(correct) point:

Here is the official TLP announcement about tlps taken from the everquest.com website:
    By playing on Mischief and Thornblade you agree to:

• Absolutely no automated/unattended game-play. Any incident of automated gameplay is an immediate suspension, and a second offense is a ban including all Mischief and Thornblade associated accounts.
    Notice nothing about 3rd party programs, most mice and keyboards now have 3rd party programs to run them, banning/blocking these would be a nightmare.
  10. Mirthe Journeyman

I've played EQ with Vorpx on a Rift, it does look cool, but the UI is broken and it's unplayable really. But fun to try! Just don't expect to actually play.