Useless fear shard drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Snaky-CT, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Snaky-CT Journeyman

This has to be a mistake, at least in the planners logic for these pre-release shards.

After weeks of killing mobs and never finding any fear shards, a few minutes ago I killed a light blue mob and it dropped one. But now I can not turn it in.

The mob was exp for me but the shard says it has a level req of 71 and rec of 85 on it.

Very silly to put a level cap on these, i can understand a level minim but not cap. Especially since you can not shroud to level 71+ to turn them in. (shroud max is 70)
    Vouivre likes this.
  2. Recnarp Augur

Yeah, the level cap should be removed.

- If you have shards that can be turned in at level 70 or lower, you get around this by simply shrouding.
    - If you have shards that can be turned in between 71-85, you just bind in city of bronze -> kill yourself over and over till you hit 85 -> turn in shards -> expedient recovery.

If these caps were put in place so players could only turn in their appropriate level shards, it failed.
    Vouivre and BlankStare_001 like this.
  3. Tobynn Augur

The [71-85] shards are not useless. They just remove the shrouded ez-mode approach for turn-ins. I have seen several players in Bronze suiciding endlessly near Magus -- apparently, they are deleveling into the required range. Blow Expedient Recovery AA afterwards and no harm no foul. Obviously, that veteran AA isn't available to everyone, but many who have that option seem to be taking that route. I assume since [71-85] are plentiful and fairly cheap in bazaar (as compared to shroudable varieties) that suicide/rez is the preferred method over kill 18,000 mobs and pray to the RNG gods.

No brainer, imo.
  4. Snaky-CT Journeyman

I received tells on my server about this post, thank you everyone who replied. The suicide option is not an option for me, and the shards for sale in bazaar on cazic-thule server are 40,000 plat each.

My point is if their gonna use the Trivial Loot Code to determine drops then they MUST be useable by all of the people who meet those requirements to get the drop. Petite Fear Shards and the higher shards should have their level range changed to 71 - 100 to account for expansion, because people will have them in their inventory AFTER release just like in prior expansions and still want to turn them in.

But seriously the level req's on all fear shards should just be removed. They are INSANELY rare and their is a trivial loot code in place on them so people can't just farm grey mobs.
  5. Trajet D'Or Augur

Delevelling is an option for everyone. With 96% rez you take roughly 5 unrezzed deaths which means you will still be 95 and then XP back those 5 deaths.
  6. Summul New Member

The quest isn't a mistake. It just caters to those who have lots of free time, or plat or can kill the fastest. IE, those who are always at the advantage in EQ anyway. Time will tell if this faction quest will be backend loaded like last year's language arc where if you did the prequest it saved you the pain of having to do some very tedious tasks in zones like Sep. I would laugh if the factioning ends up being easier in the expansion than during prelaunch and all those who killed a bazillion mobs or blew 1 million plat ended up saving themselves only 30 minutes of work.
  7. Tobynn Augur

No argument here. TLC that often results in drops you cannot use because you are too high level. Wait, isn't that what TLC was supposed to prevent in the first place? lulz. I think the entire implementation is craptastic.
    1. TLC in place to prevent mass farming of super low level mobs -- easily avoided by means of powerleveling a newbie alt (gogo f2p).
    2. Level ranges on shards -- easily avoided by means of shrouding down or deathlooping & rezzing to required level.
    3. Insanely rare drop rate -- in place to counter painfully obvious loopholes #1 and #2 above?
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

People seem to forget that you only had to do at least 1 (of 2 different group missions) in order to get the +5 language. The rest of the pre-quests were relatively meaningless. It is more likely that after the next patch they will put in the actual tasks and missions which will likely reward shards and/or whatever is the actual equivalent to the +5 language item if there even is one this go around. The faction could just be the new Shattering the Veil achievement and have no other point.
  9. Llayena New Member

Just out of curiosity, when you die down to 85 from 95, which of the skills revert to that level and need to be remaxed? Is it all the skills? Like bind wound, 1hb, specialize alteration, etc, or is it limited to a specific set of skills like triple attack? I am wary about dying and having to remax that many skills so close to expansion release.
  10. Hatsee Augur

Only triple attack I think.
  11. Recnarp Augur

I just did it again, and none of my skills were affected.
  12. Rainbowdash Augur

Yeah I didn't see any skills affected when I did it but maybe I just didn't look hard enough.

It SHOULD lower the cap of the skill bac kto the base 85 cap, but your skill remains the same (It'll be yellow, indicating it's above the cap for the skill, usually done with % mod items etc) but your skill will remain and when you relevel it should be like nothing ever happened.

If there is a skill that bugs like that though correct me, I didn't notice one though =X. At least not one that mages get access to. It's possible, I guess, that skills who's cap is affected by AAs (Triple Attack, Tracking/Pick Lock for Bards, Forage etc) will be messed up. Kinda like resetting casting Specs via the quest when you have Secondary Forte will mess them up (or so I hear, haven't had to try). But I have none, besides Forage, that fall under this category and Forage seems fine.
  13. Hatsee Augur

It knocked my triple attack down, not more than an hour of auto attack doesn't fix.

Ranger cap on that is 500 though.
  14. Velnarin Lorekeeper

If anyone's actually considering the suicide route you're advised to consider you can only rez a maximum of I believe four corpses with expedient.
  15. Tobynn Augur

Incorrect. Using a level 95 alt with max exp, I required 114 deaths to get into level 85. Popped Expedient Recovery AA after handing in 21 of the [71-85] shards and got every single pixel of experience back. Full 100% rez x 114 corpses.
  16. Rainbowdash Augur

Nah, at 95 going back to 85 I died a tiny bit over 100 times, popped Expediant, and got every single droplet of xp back and all 100+ bodies went poof (After Vaft, while laughing hysterically, used his necro and Wake the Dead to attack the mob I bind camped with an army of naked Rainbowdashs =.=)
  17. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

I just deleveled in Argath last night from 95 to 75, I had 18 Shards from lvl 71-85 and lvl 61?-75 ones. It took me 10 min to delevel, bound in argath at the feet of a guard and smacked him over and over, 227 times lol. Ran to the Magus turned in 21 shards for max Ally and hit Exp Recovery. The whole process took me about 40 min, of whuch about 25 min was looting my corpses after Exp Recovery because I didnt want to be that that left 227 corpses to lag the zone like most people are.
  18. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Just did this last night, Triple Attack does infact go down, mine went to 400/500 deleveling to 75 but like Hatsee said it will be 500 again in under an hour so not a big deal, alot better then camping lvl 95+ mobs with such a horrid drop rate for the shards any day.
  19. Endiment Scale Tailed

deleveling itself doesn't lower/reset skills. However you lose access to level restricted AAs, like Burst of Power. Losing burst of power is what causes tripple attack to go down.
  20. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Yup, My Burst of Power is still 20/20 and never changed and I am 400/500 Triple Atk at lvl 95, when I was 500/500 before hand, so I did infact lose 100 skill points doing this , but likei said, tiny price to pay to avoid 100+ hours of lvl 85+ shard camping.