Useless Combat abilities?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Poyzen Frawg, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Brohg Augur

the Breath clicky? me too :)
  2. Angre Augur

The new breast plate effect should have cut the reuse time of Mangling Discipline a little instead of doing same for Brutal Discipline (a level 100) disc.

Thank you how ever for putting them on a different timer though.

I went back and got all my most used level 96 and lower discs, the upgraded Rank 3's by revisiting the old raids. I got the raid versions of them to squeeze every drop of dmg I could get from them.

Recommend same. Its a tiny amount of improvement, but as you know a bunch a tiny little upgrades can make a noticeable difference. Why not get the best out of your low level disc that you can by getting Rank 3 Runes for them.

My earlier questions was answered with a little research concerning disconcerting discipline and Mangling discipline sharing the same timer. However, I believe, when you use Mangling Discipline, it causes disconcerting discipline, to receive the same reuse timer of Mangling's huge 26 minute cool down. You have to wait on Manglings Timer to be able to use Disconcerting which doesn't make sense. Mangling Discipline is only active for 1 minute. So, why not fix Disconcerting to be useful after the effects of Mangling Discipline have worn off and not base it off its reuse timer.

Angre
  3. skabe Elder

Simple answer it is the dev's way of telling us we can't have our cake and eat it too. You have to choose between Burst dps (Mangling) or sustained (Disconcerting). I don't disagree that the 26 min re use is a little over the top and it would be nice to have an AA line that cut that by half at least. WTB same for Cleaving !
    Depending on how fast your guild knocks out raids and how long it takes to do loot you might be able to use Mangling once per event near the end. Group setting meh only time you ever should find yourself needing it is on named and not often you see 2 within 25 min time span and you have several options to stack with SS for main burn.
  4. Angre Augur

Skabe said
    "Simple answer it is the dev's way of telling us we can't have our cake and eat it too."

I see no cake in this for one reason. After the effects of Mangling Disciplines are gone and used up, there is no reason for Disconcerting Discsipline to be locked out for 26 minutes. While Disconcerting Discipline has its own 3 minute reuse timer.

Once the Mangling Disciplines mechanics of the same timer are done, holding another Discipline of the same timer hostage is just absurd.

Answer me this. Once Mangling disciplines use has expired and its effects are done, what is the purpose of us not being able to use another discipline with its own timer? That first discs's reuse timer is being used on another discipline. There are no effects of Mangling Discipline being used once they are spent, but Disconcerting Discipline is still locked out for 26 minutes and being useless. There is no "Cake and Eat it too" involved here.

Angre