/useitem command for click buffs?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pwning, May 14, 2013.

1. moogs Augur

Damn. That's even in the last line of the help file for /useitem. /facepalm

Thanks.
  2. flyb4crawl New Member

I have a question about the /useitem command. I know how to do /timer 2500 for example and it counts down from that. But is it possible to have a true command to show when the clickie is available to be reused. I say this because I am using a macro to first cast a spell, and then do the useitem command to activate a clickie.
  3. CrazyLarth Augur

you mean like this
    Example: if Bash is your 4th ability key

/timer 45
    /doability 4
    /disc Renounce

This will create a new hotkey for you that when you press it, you will bash and use your Renounce disc. The cool thing is /timer, will let you know when the key is ready to be pressed again, via the cooldown graphic overlay.”

cant you just change the /timer (amount time to clikcy can be reclicked) ?

/timer (clicky refresh time) You can set this time to any value you want for the spell or for the click
    /cast 1
    /use item clikcy

http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11453
  4. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

There is no "true" command like this, although it would be nice. There is a workaround - have the item icon display on a hotbar, and use that as an indicator to hit your key. Do not display the macro with /disc /timer /useitem. In this case, I just wouldn't use /timer.

ex: Setup for Bard 2.0 + Fierce Eye hotkey

[IMG]

The epic macro looks like so:
    Code:
    /useitem 23 18
    /pause 2, /alt act 3506 (Fierce Eye)
    Pause is included because the item has a cast time.

Handy post about /useitem and /timer, although it's pretty much been covered in this thread - Useitem and Timer
  5. Ismel Augur

One thing I didnt see mentioned is adding food to your item click hotkeys its a great way to force feed your self.
  6. Angahran Augur

Just a quick thought about the odd bag numbering, are you using a custom UI with custom container file ?
    That could cause the bag slots to be in a different order.