/useitem command for click buffs?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pwning, May 14, 2013.

1. Pwning Lorekeeper

I'm trying to create macros via socials, for stringing together several lines of the /useitem command, for quick rebuffs. So far, on key looks like this:
    line 1: /useitem 3
    line 2: /pause 40, /useitem 4

This should in theory click my mask (.5s cast time) and then my right ear (also .5s cast time).
    It clicks my mask just fine, but never reads the second line. I've tried creating a longer pause, but 40 is what I use for casting macros on my necro, and since my ear and mask have no cooldown as a regular spell does, I cant see a long pause being needed.

Can anyone speak to this, anyone had success or is there a reason I cant string together a chain of /useitem?
  2. Wohdason New Member

It works for me, though I'm using a 20 second pause /pause 20.
  3. Pwning Lorekeeper

You mind writing out what youve got line by line? What I've got isnt cutting it for me for some reason, but it LOOKS right, yeah?

If I do
    Line1: /useitem 3
    Line2: /pause 40
    Line3: /useitem 4

It works.... but with spells i can have pauses, and /cast ### on the same line...
  4. Wohdason New Member

/useitem #
    /pause 20
    /useitem #
    /pause 20
    /useitem #

It doesn't work if you put the /pause on the same line as /useitem so I just made two macro's to click all 6 of my clickies.
    Pwning likes this.
  5. Axxius Augur

/pause adds the pause after the line it's on.
    10 units of pause is 1 sec, and it's a good idea to add 0.2-0.5 sec more than the cast time for lag.
    Your hotkey should be this:
    line 1: /pause 10,/useitem 3
    line 2: /useitem 4

ETA: oops, fixed math
    Pwning likes this.
  6. Darl Journeyman

havent been in game so cant confirm functunality with /useitem, but with spells, you put the pause before the spell cast so
    /pause 40, /cast 1
    Pwning and moogs like this.
  7. moogs Augur

Not sure if it matters, but I don't put a space between after the comma. So instead of /pause 40, /useitem 4 - /pause 40,/useitem 4

Like Darl said, the reason you are not seeing Line 2 work is because /pause comes BEFORE /cast or /useitem when they are on the same line. It's backwards. What is happening is it's going to click item 3 and then stop. Since there is no pause, it won't continue to Line 2.

So you would want /pause 45,/useitem 3 on Line 1. (Added half a second to account for lag.) Then /pause 45,/useitem 4 on Line 2.
    Wuttever likes this.
  8. moogs Augur

My question is how does it know which Hotbar, and which page of the Hotbar, is referenced by /useitem 3? There can be something like 10 hotbars, each with 10 pages, each with 12 items, so 1200 possible buttons. I would want to make sure that it casts my clicky item and not my Expedient Recovery.
  9. Pwning Lorekeeper

Ok that fixed it, thanks to those who replied.

/pause ##, /useitem ##

five lines like that, 5 clicks.

Now if only social buttons had more lines.....
  10. Axxius Augur

It's not hotbars, it's inventory slots. Type /useitem to see the help:

11. moogs Augur

Oh, awesome! Thanks Axxius.

I was thinking of /doability
  12. Slasher Augur

Example.

Say you got a 28 slot bag in bag slot 10 and want to use the item in the 14th spot in the bag.

you would

/useitem 32 14

say you got your epic in bag slot 9 instead of a bag.

/useitem 31

Once you mess around with it you will see the pattern and it becomes very easy to figure out.
  13. Pwning Lorekeeper

I was messing with this, now that I got it working (thanks again all) . ..

/pause ##, /useitem ###
    /pause ##, /useitem ###
    /pause ##, /useitem ###
    /pause ##, /useitem ###
    /timer ###, /useitem ###

Is my current set up for each button, 3 total, with the timer value being the number in milliseconds rounded down to the minute, of the shortest duration buff in each set, so it grays out until items to to reclick as the shortest duration is about to wear off . . . makes it super easy to stay fully self-buffed now, between clicks and spells.
  14. Braveheart Augur

Bags are messed up. I have 32 slot bags and this Is how the subindex works.

/useitem 23 7

01 02
    04 03
    05 06
    08 07
    09 10
    12 11
    13 14
    16 15

ect.

Is this intended? Reason I ask, if you do bags horizontal it makes no sense.
  15. Wohdason New Member

It works for me just fine in 32 slot bags.

00 01
    02 03
    04 05
    06 07
    08 09
    10 11
    12 13
    14 15
    16 17 ect...

NOTE: Slot 32 is actually slot 31, and slot 1 is actually slot 0 and that is if the bag is in the vertical 2 rows of 16.

Additionally if your bag is horizontal 2 rows of 16 the slots are like this:
    00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15
    16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
    Braveheart and Wuttever like this.
  16. Pwning Lorekeeper

No it goes
    0 1
    2 3
    4 5
    6 7
    8 9
    10 11
    12 13
    14 15

etc up to 31 (if you have a 32 slot bag) If you go horizontal, or a different number of columns, its still in ascending order, starting with 0, ending at n-1 where n is bag size.
  17. Wuttever Augur

How do we get this stickied? Do they even do that any more?
  18. moogs Augur

I found a bug. (Other than not having enough lines on the social to accomodate my clickies.)

My social is:

/pause 55,/useitem 32 2 - Bag 10, slot 2 - Familiar of King Gelaqua - Cast time 5.0
    /pause 25,/useitem 32 3 - Bag 10, slot 3 - Dreamcatcher Nimbus - Cast time 2.0
    /pause 10,/useitem 20 - Waist - Worker's Waistbelt - Cast time 0.5
    /pause 10,/useitem 6 - Shoulders - Cowl of the High Priest - Cast time 0.5
    /pause 10,/useitem 16 - Right Ring - Circle of the Three - Cast time 0.5

The bug is that the first line does not work. This is an LoN familiar. It works fine when I left or right-click on it manually from a hotbar or from inside my bag or an inventory slot. The social ignores Line 1 and skips directly to Line 2! Lines 2-5 work just fine. I hardly think this is intended.

Developer response, please?
  19. Axxius Augur

Slot numbers start with 0. If your familiar and nimbus are in the 2nd and 3rd slots inside that bag, then you should use '32 1' and '32 2' for them. Right now the first line ('32 2') clicks the nimbus, and the 2nd line does nothing because the item in the 4th slot ('32 3') is not a clicky. It looks to you like the 1st line is skipped while it's actually the 2nd line that does nothing.
  20. moogs Augur

I created a second social and added this as Line 3 (the last line):

/pause 55,/useitem 32 2 - Bag 10, slot 2 - Familiar of King Gelaqua - Cast time 5.0

Still doesn't function.

(I was trying to figure out how to do exactly this kind of macro over the weekend. Did not see the patch notes until coming home from work, so sorry for the confusion earlier. Devs: thank you for this.)