Useful Wizard Clickies

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Pacatus, May 22, 2013.

1. Pacatus New Member

2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

1) The PoP pants are not useful and you should not be using them.
    2) The GoD Mana regen click is not useful, there are a million and a half better ones that are readily available.
    3) The LoN clicks are pathetically tiny, (They add 40 damage, period) and they don't stack, meaning that only 1 is useful the other 2 do nothing. They also don't stack with the Bard Aria or the Shawl 2.0/3.0 proc.
  3. Falos Augur

Most of the clickies in that link are outdated and replaced by AA's or nullified by simply being level 100. For example you'll pretty much do more damage simply by standing still waiting for your AA force nukes to refresh and pressing those once everytime they refresh than camping velketor for one of his DPS clickies and using that even if you were totally oom. The cast time on those is just way too brutal.

-The OMM monster mission clickies such as the staff of ankexfen, or icy tunic (as well as a few others) are still useful but ultimately tiny gains for the amount of time it takes to farm them.

-DoN quest earring from getting vishi / yar lir's eye is still handy (at least the mage version is and i *think* the wizard version of the earring is slightly better

-HP clicky from Chief Ry'gor in RoF is useful if you don't have hybrid hp buffs
    -Ruaabri's Fist from Ruaabri in evantil is useful and stacks with most things
    -Terror's Juju is situational but very useful, it drops from terror in crystal caverns.
    -The Lady's entreaty from the plane of shadows is a useful tash clicky, great if you are soloing or not with a chanter.

Repeating crossbow + expendable ammo "Repeating Crossbow bolts" made by tradeskills are decent to have as well
    I'm sure there are a few other things, but that's mainly just off the top of my head.
  4. Pacatus New Member

1. in Chelisith , during down time with no dps phase - concussion could be useful
    2. ok do you recommend any since you comment on it
    3. They look like they stack, I will check again. I am working on the Shawl Aug - didnt know it conflicted with it.

What about timeshear?
  5. Pacatus New Member

DoN quest earring from getting vishi / yar lir's eye is still handy (at least the mage version is and i *think* the wizard version of the earring is slightly better

Can you link... I did the quest with the mask and two eyes and got a DD clicky not sure what you were talking about.

Also:
    -Terror's Juju is situational but very useful, it drops from terror in crystal caverns.
    -The Lady's entreaty from the plane of shadows is a useful tash clicky, great if you are soloing or not with a chanter.

Really good suggestions!!!! thanks going to go farm for Dark Lady now
  6. Falos Augur

Yeah the DD clicky ear you got from the vishi quest is the one I was referring to.

As for what bei mentioned, yeah they the path of fire and similar type effects from LoN are useless if you have a bard with you, they don't add any damage at all to your nukes if you have a bard playing fatesong, or gosik's aria, and there may be some wizard burn discs or something that don't stack, but I am not a wizard so I don't know for sure.
    The shawl aug for int casters has a component that adds a few hundred points of damage to nukes when it proc's.

Any proc or buff that adds a fixed value to detrimental damage spells will never stack with other buffs that do the same thing, the game will always utilize the buff that adds the highest value.

If you have a buff that adds 20 damage to fire nukes, a familiar that adds 200 damage to fire nukes, a shawl proc that adds a few hundred damage to your next nuke, and a bard playing Gosik's in your group, your sell casts will pretend you do not even have those first three buffs and function solely as if you only had gosik's on you.
  7. Longears Journeyman

ill botch the names but hopefully the effect will clear it up

Staff of Elemental Flux - small fire/ice debuff
    Orb of Tishan - cast tash
    I always tried to have some potions that would cast a small DoT on myself. I think it was a potion, Its been years, I forgot
    Shield of the Immaculate - cured poison, got in PoFear iirc off a ghoul near the zone in, in a house.
  8. Warpiggs Augur

Shield of the Immaculate cures disease, and is found in plane of hate near zin to the right, after you cross the bridge. The 1st building on the right has the PH (A chest type mob).
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

1) You would need between 75 and 90 casts of PoP concussion pants to eliminate the aggro from 1 RoF-level Ethereal nuke. This is not hyperbole or exaggeration. It literally has _that little_ of an effect.
    2) http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=108389 is a group level RoF item that has Knowledge of the Past 9 click, which is 47 mana regen. The item you linked has a 5 mana regen click. They do not stack.
    3) The spells stack. The effects do not. Falos explained what I meant.
    4) The Timeshear is worthless for any practical purpose by design.
  10. CrazyLarth Augur